Positional Rankings by Division--OLBs

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
NFC North:

This particular grouping was very difficult.

1. Clay Matthews (Green Bay): Until Anthony Barr stays healthy, this is not a discussion. 

2. Anthony Barr (Minnesota): Man oh man, can this guy play. He can line up at any linebacker spot, can blitz from anywhere with success, can cover, and has the kind of sideline to sideline speed needed in today's NFL. This is the next star linebacker in the NFC North division.

3. DeAndre Levy (Detroit): Dude is a really good all around player who people have finally noticed over the past couple of years.

4. Julius Peppers (Green Bay): As McCarthy said, this guy is practically ageless. He is NOT the same player by any means but he has adjusted his play as the years have gone on and is still impressive.

5. Tahir Whitehead (Detroit): Very underrated player.

6. Lamarr Houston (Chicago): He's not Justin Houston, but he definitely isn't a slouch, either. Not my favorite LB in the division but I respect him.

7. Pernell McPhee (Chicago): Another solid player. The NFCN has an excellent group of OLBs. Hopefully he can get off the PUP list ASAP.

8. Chad Greenway (Minnesota): He may not be prime Chad Greenway but he's still a more than solid NFL OLB. I'm kind of hoping he gets beat out for the starting role, but if not, he'll obviously earn it in his last year.  

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dude you can't compare these positions like that

Pernell McPhee (who should be a lot higher btw) is so different from Levy. Levy is a 3-4 ILB, and McPhee is a 4-3 DE.

You gotta make these categories as LBs and Pass Rushers.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
AFCE LBs:
1. Hightower NE
2. Collins NE
3. Alonso MIA
4. Harris NYJ
5. Misi MIA
6. Brown BUF
7. Ragland BUF // Lee NYJ

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Dude you can't compare these positions like that

Pernell McPhee (who should be a lot higher btw) is so different from Levy. Levy is a 3-4 ILB, and McPhee is a 4-3 DE.

You gotta make these categories as LBs and Pass Rushers.

I thought that would make things too convoluted. These guys all still to play the run and drop back in coverage. I think the list is fairly accurate as far as overall player quality. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
If Pernell McPhee is dropping into coverage the Bears D.C. should be fired. He's incredibly slow, and one of the best run stoppers in the league

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
As for re-ranking your top 8

1. Barr
2. Clay
3. Levy
4. McPhee
5. Whitehead
6. Peppers
7. Lamarr
8. Greenway

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, the NFCE is pretty thin at several defensive positions.

You've got Sean Lee, Mychal Kendricks, and a long list of mediocrity.  I guess Jordan Hicks might be good.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
The NFCE is just short on defense altogether. Some elite players but not very many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%