• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
If they were, then MJD should be winning this, and not Peterson

Your going against your own statement. geez.

MJD>Peterson.

Im with ya now kam.
how am I going against my own statement? Im saying its not based on just this year. Its based on this year AND the last two years. I don't look at LeSean McCoy and immediately cum in my pants and say hes the best. I factor in recent years. I factor in statistics and I also factor in footage i've seen of the skills these guys have.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
What makes 2009 such a better year to judge running backs than 2008 or 2010?
What I meant was, Since MJD has been the starter, hes been the leader in yards as a RB..

Simple enough.. MJD is a top 2 back. He does alot of things better than alot of RBs.

Catching, Blocking, Running (Obviously) Breaking tackles.. hes the all around back teams want.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I know some people have. Others weren't. i was trying to point that out.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
What I meant was, Since MJD has been the starter, hes been the leader in yards as a RB..

Simple enough.. MJD is a top 2 back. He does alot of things better than alot of RBs.

Catching, Blocking, Running (Obviously) Breaking tackles.. hes the all around back teams want.
Since AP has been the starter, he's been the leader
Hell, since Arian Foster has been the starter, he's led the league
all I'm saying is I'd still put MJD behind AP personally

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Since AP has been the starter, he's been the leader
Hell, since Arian Foster has been the starter, he's led the league
all I'm saying is I'd still put MJD behind AP personally
MJD is still a better blocking back than AP probably receiver as well.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I haven't seen MJD play all that much so honestly, I'm not the one to debate that
Im just saying rushing wise
I'd prolly say rushing wise as-well. Theres ALOT of hype around AP.. Shits redic.

Reaction score
And yet his team is only 3-8.

BTW, what was your record prediction for the Jags this year?
What does the Jaguars record have to do with MJD? Are you trying to say MJD is the reason the Jags are 3-8? I gotta disagree with you.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
What does the Jaguars record have to do with MJD? Are you trying to say MJD is the reason the Jags are 3-8? I gotta disagree with you.
Don't worry, hes just finding something to point out because Its Kam saying it.

He has nothing else to say other than "Oh well, his team isn't winning" .. "Oh, MJD didn't start when he first came into the league" ...

Just smh.

Reaction score
By the way Peyton Manning never won a Super Bowl by himself. Actually, he really struggled his first 2 game of the postseason. If you want to point out the Jags team success, look what they did in 2007. They gave the Pats a run for their money that year, and in all honesty that team was pretty dangerous.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Still dont know why theres even an argument on if his team is good or not..

Its not like hes a QB and you can actually bash him and say he crumbles in the playoffs or something. Hes a runningback. Guess Barry Sanders was horrible too!!

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
& Before you even use the argument "Maurice is nothing like Barry, different story" ..

Mooche

Reaction score
I personally would take Adrian Peterson as the top running back. However, MJD is one hell of a player. How can you judge a RB by his team's record? That's unfair to say the least.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The reason AP gets hype and is the #1 back is because he's the only RB who has consistently been in the top 5 in rushing for the past couple years. While he didn't lead the league in rushing every, he was the only one who you knew you could count on to be a top 5 back year in and year out and no other back has done that yet.

That's why Peyton and Brady have been considered the elite of the elite QBs for the past decade, it's because while they may not have the best season out of all QBs every year, they're always damn close and they're the only QBs who continuously are in the top 5 every year.

Same goes for Mariano in baseball, the majority of the time he's not the best closer in the league but he's always close and he's the only one to stay towards the top for an extended period of time.

Mooche

Reaction score
Also --

The people taking fucking Eli Manning over Peyton might want to get their head checked. Real talk.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
The reason AP gets hype and is the #1 back is because he's the only RB who has consistently been in the top 5 in rushing for the past couple years. While he didn't lead the league in rushing every, he was the only one who you knew you could count on to be a top 5 back year in and year out and no other back has done that yet.
*cough* Turner and MJD would still apply *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%