2015 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He missed 4 games and still had 1300+ yards last season.

That's a 16 game pace of over 1700 yards and 16 TDs as a rookie.  He's talented as fuck.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, but he didnt play those 4 games. One can make an estimation but that didnt happen. He didnt even get double teamed like #1 receivers do because the Giants were so shitty last year.

Im not saying he isnt good, hes just really overrated and I really think hes going to come back down to earth and have a solid 1100 receiving yards and 8-9 TDs. Defenses will gameplan much more and better against him and it will show this year.

And this is coming from a Giants fan lol

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Problem with obj is nobody will shut the fuck up. Like he's Randy Moss reincarnated or something.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
He missed 4 games and still had 1300+ yards last season.

That's a 16 game pace of over 1700 yards and 16 TDs as a rookie.  He's talented as fuck.
He's talented, nobody will argue that. But his stats are absolutely inflated towards what he'll have this next year. 

Last year, who did the Giants have out there, aside for Odell? A slow ass TE in Larry Donnell, who LBs could cover pretty well compared to the average NFL TE, Andre Williams in the backfield, who has hands of rocks, and the #4 and #6 WRs on their current depth chart (Randle and Washington). 

Odell was the 14th most targeted WR in the NFL last year, and when scaled proportionally for a 16 game scale, he is tied for 3rd with Julio Jones, only behind Demaryius Thomas and Antonio Brown. He was targeted 10.8 times per game!

Now you look at the 2015 season -- Cruz is back, and James Jones will be a solid outside receiver and #3 WR. They also added Shane Vereen, a top 5 receiving back in the league... Odell's targets will be much lower, probably around 110.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
He's gonna play 4 more games but still will have the stats he ended up with in 12 games last year imo.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His numbers may not be as impressive, but he'll still make just as big of an impact on the offense once the double coverages start shifting towards his side of the field, and opens up the offense for everyone else.

I'd also argue that just because he was basically being force fed the ball towards the end of last season, it doesn't make what he accomplished any less impressive.  He still produced.  There are quite a few receivers that couldn't give you what OBJ gave you with high volume targets.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
He's talented, nobody will argue that. But his stats are absolutely inflated towards what he'll have this next year. 

Last year, who did the Giants have out there, aside for Odell? A slow ass TE in Larry Donnell, who LBs could cover pretty well compared to the average NFL TE, Andre Williams in the backfield, who has hands of rocks, and the #4 and #6 WRs on their current depth chart (Randle and Washington). 

Odell was the 14th most targeted WR in the NFL last year, and when scaled proportionally for a 16 game scale, he is tied for 3rd with Julio Jones, only behind Demaryius Thomas and Antonio Brown. He was targeted 10.8 times per game!

Now you look at the 2015 season -- Cruz is back, and James Jones will be a solid outside receiver and #3 WR. They also added Shane Vereen, a top 5 receiving back in the league... Odell's targets will be much lower, probably around 110.
Excellent points. +1

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, if you want me to talk you out of OBJ, I'll gladly oblige. 

I'll take him over every receiver on the Redskins.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's a great young WR, don't get me wrong
But he isn't Top 5. Not even close.

Calvin
Julio
Dez
Demaryius
AJ
Jordy
Brown

Those guys are 100% better than Odell.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i just wish nfl network and nfl on fb would stop posting obj stories every 15 minutes.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I say we start calling him ODB instead.  It's so much better.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also say fuck the Giants and let's talk about other stuff.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
I say we start calling him ODB instead.  It's so much better.

breh i was just gonna post that after you said OBJ. obj makes more sense but doesn't sound as good.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
wish we kept boykin but i forgot about nolan carroll. He's a little underrated imo.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My brother got offered tickets for tomorrows game and declined. I am off work tomorrow night

THE FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%