2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i consider coaches free agents in their own class so posting here would be fine. but bc nit picks over everything so you should have posted it elsewhere.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
i consider coaches free agents in their own class so posting here would be fine. but bc nit picks over everything so you should have posted it elsewhere.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars still have a plethora of cap room, despite spending millions of dollars on the defense last season. At last nights "Ready To Rise" rally at EverBank Field, which saw nearly 7,000 Jaguars fans attend, new Jaguars owner Shahid Khan said he plans to spend to the cap. "We've got a salary cap - we're going to be up to the salary cap," Khan told reporters after the rally. "In free agency, you have to spend money. You have to spend it wisely. We're going to be spending to the cap."

"We'll be very aggressive once we target the players," Jaguars general manager Gene Smith said at the rally. "Just like we were on the defensive side (last off-season), we'll try to upgrade the weapons on offense." After Smith spoke, Khan quipped, "Gene, Mike... please do that."

Last offseason, the Jaguars went out and signed Paul Posluszney, Clint Session, Dawan Landry, Drew Coleman, Matt Roth, and traded for safety Dwight Lowery. In turn, that "fixed" the defense by injecting talent into it. The team will look to do the same for the offensive side of the ball. There should be a plethora of wide receivers available and even a few offensive lineman, if the team feels that's an area to address. "We're going to be competitive," Khan said. "We're going to be going up to the cap, whatever is allowed. That's the wonderful thing about the NFL. You have a cap and we're going to be using it."
Welp, I'm happy to hear this.

Swag Swag.

Top 5 WR coming our way.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Where's all the numbers for all 32 teams? I'd like to see where each team stands, cap wise. I don't feel like finding it lol.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Free Agents can get you excited, but don't get too excited. I've seen possibilities. Carlos Rogers is at the top of my list. I wanted us to get him last year, and that hasn't changed.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Once Rogers gets his long term deal, he'll probably go right back to being stone hands mcgee.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Larry Holder
From a source familiar with the talks, the #Saints interview with Steve Spagnuolo went well and it's in the hands of Saints management.
One can only hope...

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Speaking of coaches, Alan Williams is the new D Coordinator of the Vikings.

Swag

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He was the CB coach for the Colts, not exactly something to brag about.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Because I am bragging....

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
not really FA news but jon kitna is gonna coach his former high school football team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Avril's agent in talks with the team to get him a long term contract.
Let's hope Calvin is next lol.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Avril's agent in talks with the team to get him a long term contract.
Let's hope Calvin is next lol.
Have to think Avril will test the market. He could get much more money there than in Detroit.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Raiders are switching to zone-blocking scheme people are saying and Mcfadden isn't very good in it i guess. So, reportedly the raiders have mcfadden open for trade possibly and will go with bush.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My wish list for the Bears includes Marques Colston and Jermichael Finley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%