NFL Trash Talk Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No it didn't, do you really think that they were gonna run the same plays Jon Gruden knew by heart?

GTFO.
By the end of the week, Gruden had the Bucs' defense knowing the Raiders better than the Raiders knew himself. Gruden stood up in meetings, and player by player, went through the Raiders' offensive roster, giving them pointers
http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/playoffs02/columnist/2003/0126/1499382.html

Obviously they didn't know they're playbook exactly but obviously he knew what some of their plays were as I'm sure the plays he ran when they were there weren't canned.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teams study one-another so much that they practically do know their playbook. It's not about what plays a team runs, it all about how and when to use them. Do teams draw up different looks for particular games...sure...but for the most part, even the hardcore fan can look at the New England Patriots offense & tell you who they are getting the ball to on most plays.

Stop over-thinking this...it's 11 vs. 11 & the name of the game is to stop the other team. The Patriots executed on Monday night and the Jets didn't, plain and simple. What's knowing offensive signals have to do with execution? Nothing.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/playoffs02/columnist/2003/0126/1499382.html

Obviously they didn't know they're playbook exactly but obviously he knew what some of their plays were as I'm sure the plays he ran when they were there weren't canned.
By the end of the week, Gruden had the Bucs' defense knowing the Raiders better than the Raiders knew himself. Gruden stood up in meetings, and player by player, went through the Raiders' offensive roster, giving them pointers
Can you even read? He gave them pointers, you can watch hours upon hours of film for the same <Censored>. He knew tendencies, not plays.

Get over yourself.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Teams study one-another so much that they practically do know their playbook. It's not about what plays a team runs, it all about how and when to use them. Do teams draw up different looks for particular games...sure...but for the most part, even the hardcore fan can look at the New England Patriots offense & tell you who they are getting the ball to on most plays.

Stop over-thinking this...it's 11 vs. 11 & the name of the game is to stop the other team. The Patriots executed on Monday night and the Jets didn't, plain and simple. What's knowing offensive signals have to do with execution? Nothing.
Touché.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who on the falcons ISNT overrated to you?

Matt Ryan, Grimes, Now Robinson.
Lets see:

Ovie Mughelli
Roddy White
Tony Gonzalez
Todd McClure
Harvey Dahl
Tyson Clabo
John Abraham
Jonathan Babineaux
Mike Peterson
Curtis Lofton
Thomas DeCoud
William Moore

Just a few that come to mind, and that's just starters.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess you can throw Turner and Weems in there too.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lets see:

Ovie Mughelli
Roddy White
Tony Gonzalez
Todd McClure
Harvey Dahl
Tyson Clabo
John Abraham
Jonathan Babineaux
Mike Peterson
Curtis Lofton
Thomas DeCoud
William Moore

Just a few that come to mind, and that's just starters.
I think your just naming names.

Mike Peterson is Garbo and has been Garbo since before 2008.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Notice which team Stafford was playing when he got that injury infamous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%