Status
Not open for further replies.

highlight_reel

Reaction score
Some of you all may not know my story, so here it goes.

I found NBA Live Asylum by looking at DarkMissle’s profile on FanFare Games. I clicked on the site, and loved what I saw. Shortly thereafter, Asylum shut down, and along came Insomnia.

I was one of the first members to join Insomnia, which at the time wasn’t SI, it was NLI. I posted little, but always checked into the site.

Now, once, I made a promise that if this site made an MVP Baseball section, I would be an active member.

Flash ahead to February 28, 2006. I was on my way to California, and I thought about some of the things I had done lately. One of the things on my mind was Insomnia. I made up my mind that if I could, I would check it out, to see if the name change had happened yet (I knew about the change before I left). On the Thursday, I checked it, and it happened. I was overjoyed.

I told myself that I would visit that place again, and starting posting more often. Only to be hit on the head with a debate from laker. DC, VC, but most importantly, that, is the reason that I am where I am today. The debate was heated, laker and I hated each other, only now to become great friends.

I’ve had my ups and downs with SI, such as the laker banning incident, my banning (which now has produced another SI regular, X-Factor), and other things, but you all have always been there for me.

I’ve had my emotional ups and downs, only to see you all there for me. Without you guys, I don’t know where I’d be. God and you guys are the only reason I’m still sane. He put you all on this Earth for a reason. If that reason was to help a poor soul like me, and help others, man, you certainly did your job without knowing it.

I had my virus, I had my time being grounded, but you all still were there for me.

You know, this site doesn’t mean a lot to some people, but for me, it’s a lot. This is where I come to have my fun. You guys are the people who I let my feelings out on, because no one else seems to care.

Man, you guys are incredible.

I decided to take the time out to thank you all for all you’ve done for me… my time here so far has been a blast, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

Shout-outs will be coming in a little bit of a different way, I think. If not, they'll be posted here. But aside, thanks again guys.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wow, congrats HR -- really can't wait till you're a definite regular again.. I know life gets in the way sometimes, me included.
just keep your faith and lots of here at SI will be there if needed

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congratulations, true believer. :]

About freaking time.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
congrats man, this was a great celebration

10 k is big

VC15

Reaction score
Late congrats, but it's good that you finally got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%