[Update] Patriots trade 1st for Brandin Cooks

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After reading what you stated, I don't agree with it.

As I read it, that all deals with colluding against a player or players. The nature of restricted free agency means that Butler would be free to choose whether or not he signed a potential Saints deal. Only way it would be collusion, I guess, would be if the Pats lied to him and told him they were signing him to a long term deal to stay there, only to immediately trade him to NO.

If anything, the Pats and Saints would be working to benefit Butler and would be the exact opposite of collusion as it is stated here.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints and Butler discussing long term deal

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Patriots fans on Reddit are being fucking cancerous right now about this.

The Patriots will sign Butler to his $3.9M tender, and then trade him for #32 (maybe getting a 6th back as well too, but something small). It makes sense for both teams -- the Patriots will not get better value for Butler than #32. The amount of "Saints have no leverage, #11 or nothing" bullshit is just so annoying. WE have no leverage long term. We're not signing him to what he wants to be paid, and we'd get at best a 2019 3rd. #32 is significantly more valuable, and BB knows that

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm just ready for this to end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%