most explosive player in the brady era, sans randy moss

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Cooks is being way overvalued here.
Agree.

It's especially crazy to me that a team like the Titans would give up a 1st for him when they are in a good position to draft John Ross, who has a similar skillset and would be cheaper.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/840360890402799620

Great deal for the Patriots lol. 

Cooks / Hogan / Edelman / Gronk / Dion

good luck stopping that

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints fans are losing their shit but I think that's solid value for Cooks.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Saints fans are losing their shit but I think that's solid value for Cooks.
I think it's because of the rumors of like Malcolm Butler and the 1st, or that the Saints turned down #18 straight up.

Of course, those are rumors and possibly were never on the table. He was someone you guys were going to trade in less than 3 days (when his roster bonus was due) and you got a 1st rounder, plus moved up 15 spots to get another Day 2 pick

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly my point. I think Cooks is a damn good receiver but he's not Antonio Brown. Saints fans are overvaluing him, in my opinion.

Btw, Saints are taking Evan Engram with that pick. No doubt in my mind.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's definitely overvalued. I saw on /r/Saints people calling him a Top 10 WR, which just is far from the truth.

But Cooks has yet to ever have the help of Gronkowski and Edelman. He had Michael Thomas last year, and Graham his rookie year, but the Patriots offense is the best he'll ever be on. And Brady will utilize him like we did Randy Moss -- and it works because you can't double Cooks without exposing the entire middle for Gronkowski. 

Pats probably get the better end of the deal, but New Orleans got good compensation all things considering

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/840360890402799620

Great deal for the Patriots lol. 

Cooks / Hogan / Edelman / Gronk / Dion

good luck stopping that
The IR will have a tough battle with 3 of those guys

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Fuck this. Of all the teams we could have traded him to, we trade him to the team that needs him the least. with the lowest pick of the first round. Good fucking job, idiots. I was fine trading him there for Malcolm Butler, because then at least they would have given up good value. Instead they basically just drafted Brandin Cooks with the #32 pick.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Cooks was on my fantasy team last year. He is not top 10, but Yahoo kept predicting he was.

He's good. Maybe top 15.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he's a good receiver but he has his limitations. His size for example, he will make some fantastic plays where he goes up and gets balls but I've seen a ton of balls he just doesn't have the vertical or the reach to get to. The thing that bothers me the most though, unless it's in a straight line his run after the catch ability is nonexistent. It was one of his better attributes in college, but in the NFL, for whatever reason, he has never shown the ability to take a 10 yard pass and make some guys miss and turn it into a 30 yarder.

Patriots also have to forfeit the 4th rounder they got in the trade, but they get the Seahawks 4th rounder back.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
yep, lose 118 get 131 back

and i can guarantee the pats will help cooks with his RAC ability. that's like the number one trait of patriots wideouts in the belichick era (troy brown, david givens, deion branch, wes welker, julian edelman, danny amendola, chris hogan)

pop/bubble screens literally for days

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Thomas is gonna FEAST next year

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Michael Thomas is gonna FEAST next year
Hell yea and I'm keeping him in my keeper league this year. Him and Julio jones and David Johnson

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's a rumor going around that this trade has a second part of it that includes Butler coming to the Saints with more picks involved.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Aside for those rumors only speculating from New Orleans fans / "insiders", that wouldn't be able to go through the NFL as it would violate Article 17, Section 3 of the NFL's CBA, under Anti-Collusion.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because Cooks trade isn't official yet, is what I'm assuming.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It will be official before Monday, when Cooks' roster bonus is due. That's the whole point of trading him right now versus during the Draft when his value is higher

And Butler won't sign his tender or a long term deal most likely by then, making him legally untradable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%