More Mavs News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez was subject to racial slurs by some Mavericks fans during Game 4 in Dallas.

The statement released by her publicist says Vazquez left the game after being "verbally attacked by some opposing fans, who were using racial slurs, calling her child crude names and throwing ice cubes."

"Obviously the playoffs bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable," Vazquez said in the statement. "The fans were totally out of control. What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Via Denver Post
Maple, Detroit fans wouldn't do this :p

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Naw we just throw stuff at dudes. :]

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i swear pugz, you've spent all of today searching for mavs stories.

Mavs fan throws pretzel on the court, OMFG, HES CLASSLESS

how much credibility are you going to give to someone named LaLa? lmao

<Censored> if you're gonna get married to someone like Melo you better be tougher then this

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been getting these from RealGM lol.

how much credibility are you going to give to someone named LaLa? lmao
What's that supposed to mean?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<Censored> if you're gonna get married to someone like Melo you better be tougher then this

that is NO EXCUSE for attacking a women.. PERIOD. Whether physical or verbal, Dallas fans should just shut the <Censored> up.

it's just chicken-<Censored> of them to address females and children. maybe if the fans were more focused on the games, the players would feel more positive energy and more wins would be coming their way.

On another note.
with all the personal problems Dirk has been having with his fiance, do you hear of Denver fans calling him out? NOPE

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WOAH, Jarrod ditched the censors.. you know he's pissed.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that is NO EXCUSE for attacking a women.. PERIOD. Whether physical or verbal, Dallas fans should just shut the <Censored> up.

it's just chicken-<Censored> of them to address females and children. maybe if the fans were more focused on the games, the players would feel more positive energy and more wins would be coming their way.

On another note.
with all the personal problems Dirk has been having with his fiance, do you hear of Denver fans calling him out? NOPE
+5

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it was a joke.......

plus, everyone on SI is totally blowing this out of proportion. Noone else is talking about this. Mavs fans are not unclassy, it is called the heat of a series in which has been controversial.

Plus, we haven't been back in Denver since Game 2. Game 3 is where all of this started.

This whole situation is making me LOL still.

Everyone acting like the Nuggets are so much better when this series should really be 2-2.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is a punk move to go after a player's gf and especially carmelo's son i mean damn where is the respect. Melo son is like 2 years old sheesh.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well maybe carmelo shouldn't get involved with such a weird girl....

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1648

I love how everything on SI is turning against the Mavs. Where as Pugz one thread talks aobut a fan throwing 1 thing which that thing is unnamed, but Pugz names it Mavs fans throw stuff at Carmelo's GF and mom, but noone cares that Kenyon Martin is cussing out our fans too.

This series <Censored>ing rules :)

At least noone will say the Mavs have no balls anymore

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maple you know better i dont harbor no ill will towards them. But put yourself in melo's shoes and you have the crowd taunting your gf and your 2 year old son.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Calling out players family members is showing balls? It's showing they can't confront the players themselves.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Our players aren't the ones cussing out our fans. JR Smith and Kenyon Martin were cussing our fans, but that's irrelevant because all realgm cares about is telling the Denver side of the story and realgm is the only source some of you guys are probably getting some of your news.

It was wrong to go after this girl and her son, I'm not advocating ANYTHING, I just love how realgm is only telling one side of the story. Who cares about Kenyon and JR cussing out our fans, no, we're more worried about one or two FANS who were stupid calling out Carmelo's GF.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Those fans deserve to be cussed at by those players if they're talking crap to there team mates family members.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/12/carmelo-anth...odes-in-stands/
Irony? Check, because LaLa’s most famous TV work is as a host of a raunchy VH-1 show called “Charm School.'' Where, speaking of ladies, she works with (according to the website) Bret Michaels' "Rock of Love'' rejects like Heather "The Stripper", Lacey "The Psycho", Kristy Joe "The Manipulator", Brandi M. "The Puker", Brandi C "The Ditz", Inna "The Ukrainian Love Gun", Angelique "The Exhibitionist" and a host of other equally colorful girls who she is trying to "transform into self-confident, stylish, socially-acceptable young ladies.''

Good luck, Lala!
lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So she is a tv host does that give them the right to talk <Censored> to her and about her and melo's 2 year old son. Maple your better than this man.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the problem is that this very unlike Mavs fans and their reputation. but, seems more and more bad stuff is circulating

the talking back by KMart and JR isn't as sursprising as they have that reputation already

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So she is a tv host does that give them the right to talk <Censored> to her and about her and melo's 2 year old son. Maple your better than this man.
Again, nowhere am I advocating it. Those fans are loony tunes and you don't see me sticking up for them. I'm just saying, she isn't the best role model either. She was cussing out and flipping out with her kid, she doesn't show self control in front of her kid with 1 or 2 other guys? Just ask for the guards and security, don't cuss them out, show how you're supposed to do it as a grown up.

I also find it funny how it's just 1 side of the story being told

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the problem is that this very unlike Mavs fans and their reputation. but, seems more and more bad stuff is circulating

the talking back by KMart and JR isn't as sursprising as they have that reputation already
so it's okay for their players to be cussing out our fans when there are kids in the stands, but people flip out when there are 1 or 2 stupid fans going after a players wife with verbal assults? Both are terrible, we can control the players though, can't control the fans. Every fan base has a few idiots. And this is a heated series....

But the thing I want to say, I love people who are saying, you know what it doesn't matter, the Nuggets have already won this series and are clearly the better team. Okay....that's why we are the most controversial call in the playoffs away from being tied up in this series at 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%