Brewers' Prince Fielder could go on market this off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio is apparently wondering what other teams would offer in order to get one of his stars, Prince Fielder. Attanasio will apparently listen to offers for Fielder this off-season, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

The 25-year-old is supposed to get $10.5 million next year in the second and final year of his current contract. That's considered a major bargain. After all, the 270-pouund first baseman has 137 RBIs, 43 homers, 99 runs, 169 hits, and a .297 average so far this season. Not too shabby.

The team will likely be looking for pitching in return since its team ERA (4.75) is fourth worst in the majors.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Everyone will be wanting Prince. The guy is a monster at the plate and a great clubhouse guy.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to see Theo go after him but I'd rather use the prospects we have to try and get King Felix first

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I agree with Baggs, we don't have the greatest offense, but our pitching has been just been terrible lately. I wouldn't mind dealing Bowden+ or Tazawa+, but we can't deal Buchholz because he's been real well as of late. As for Prince, if we sign him, that'll mean Big Papi is leaving, which I'd hate to see, but if it means were getting Prince I'm down for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%