Vince Young and McNair boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vince Young is the man. Every once in a while, its nice to get a positive story concerning NFL players.

FOXSports.com said:
Vince Young wasn't stepping up in the pocket, he was stepping up in life.

The Tennessee Titans quarterback surprised the sons of his desceased friend by taking Steve McNair's sons to their school's "Dear Dads Breakfast" on Wednesday in Nashville.

Young looked up to McNair as a kid, and he didn't have to think twice about doing this for Trenton and Tyler.

"Those are my boys,'' Young told The Tennessean. "I wouldn't say it was to pay anyone back; it was just out of love. Steve would do it for me. He pretty much did it for me when I was growing up.

"I have a history with the boys and I want to do anything I can. I am their big brother.''

McNair was shot and killed July 4.

Young knew McNair, who quarterbacked the Titans from 1995 to 2005, long before entering the NFL, having attended youth football camps. He also spoke at McNair's funeral in Hattiesburg, Miss.

"It was a great, great gesture,'' said Julie Dilworth, admissions director at St. Paul Christian Academy. "All the kids had been talking about the dads' breakfast and (Trenton and Tyler) were wondering what was going to happen with them.

"They were thrilled ... the boys came to school with huge smiles on their faces.''

At the breakfast, Young gave jerseys and autographs to several students.

"Overall they are doing cool, doing good," he said of McNair's sons. "Just talking to their mom, I think they are going to be all right. I am always going to be here for them, always.''

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's awesome.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Good for him. It's nice to see a troubled NFL player give something back.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
That's awesome of Young, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone close like that.

chrisb1481

Reaction score
That was really nice of him to do.

On a side note the article is poorly put together, right in the middle of it, "McNair was shot and killed July 4." Bad way to incorporate that fact into his article.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
No it isn't.

Trust me, that <Censored> is perfect.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
VY really is the man. This is, hands down, the best story to come out for the NFL.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Now all Young needs to do is get his act together on the football field. Jeff Fisher has some faith in him, so I think he can do it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah this is a great story. Good for him.
And yeha I hope he can put it together on the field.
He showed good flashes in the preseason. Just needs to be more consistent.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Thats great, I've always liked and followed VY right from Texas, he just needs to get his attitude fixed sometimes. He'll get his shot.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great, really good to read this. Good for him and McNair's sons.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is big sign that Vince Young has long grown up and is ready to take the field as a leader and not just a good player. A very considerate and heartfelt gesture by Vince. Could you imagine how those boys were feeling, knowing that this father & son event was approaching at their school?

Vince Young showing up in their father's honor easily turned what could of been a horrible day into one of the best days in their young lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%