Doom

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that sig isnt even that bad(the one he posted on another site)
he's acting like it's a noob sig and giving serious CnC on how it sucks

Delphem

•••••Official Lo Viste•••••
Reaction score
I think the main gripe he had about the sig was the the face looks really blurred and the whole left side is blacked out and the text is hard to make out... Well thats what I think at least....

josueelcatracho

Reaction score
I think this guy kind of has a point. I didn't necessarily like the way he went about proving it, but I do agree with what he's saying to an extent.

GFX artists, sig makers or whatever you want to call them are coddled these days. Comments have become so painfully generic that it's almost strange to see someone post more than two sentences worth of constructive criticism. Whether it be laziness, or the fact that people are too afraid to point out an area for improvement for artists that are "better" than them, I'm not sure. (that leads to the absurd "he's made better shit than you" nonsense.)

All of this has led to hostility and resentment towards anyone who decides to post anything other than "dope" or "sick" in their threads. Nobody can handle criticism.

This is the shit that I'm talking about.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
Like I said, I never disagreed with the point he was trying to make. Only the way he did it.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
There is no need to attack Maestro here, the guy gives solid criticism, sometimes it may seem a bit harsh but that's a big part of criticism in general. I'm planning and currently in the specific job field in which I have to create art and endure criticism, and a lot of the time its harsh but usually that's the best criticism and I try and take it in stride.

I have to agree with what Maestro says, this site's gfx section has developed its cliques and what not, and its slowly ruining the gfx section. Have you ever wondered why gfx league's continue to die, gfx crew's continually lose members, its because the showcase section has turned into "look at what I just made, isn't it fuckin awesome?" rather than "look what I just made, does anybody have any comments on how to improve it?"

I doubt any of you notice but I carefully select who I criticize, mostly due to the fact that there's a lot of people on this site that don't deserve any criticism whatsoever.

Take criticism as help not an insult.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
There is no need to attack Maestro here, the guy gives solid criticism, sometimes it may seem a bit harsh but that's a big part of criticism in general. I'm planning and currently in the specific job field in which I have to create art and endure criticism, and a lot of the time its harsh but usually that's the best criticism and I try and take it in stride.

I have to agree with what Maestro says, this site's gfx section has developed its cliques and what not, and its slowly ruining the gfx section. Have you ever wondered why gfx league's continue to die, gfx crew's continually lose members, its because the showcase section has turned into "look at what I just made, isn't it fuckin awesome?" rather than "look what I just made, does anybody have any comments on how to improve it?"

I doubt any of you notice but I carefully select who I criticize, mostly due to the fact that there's a lot of people on this site that don't deserve any criticism whatsoever.

Take criticism as help not an insult.
I wasn't attacking him for the fact that he feels stronger comments/criticism is needed, I did so because of how he went about expressing this.
I think its good that someone wants to encourage other people to put more in depth comments on something, thats awesome. Like i said, I'd support that.

Just not the fact that he took someone's shit and posted it somewhere else and asked people to agree with him that it sucks. Why would it be that person's fault the kind of comments he gets anyways?

And yes, I have noticed that you ignore commenting for certain people.

josueelcatracho

Reaction score
Bring it in guys. Group hug. MAESTRO is the Hero we need
but don't want. Or some shit like that ! I always forget.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bring it in guys. Group hug. MAESTRO is the Hero we need
but don't want. Or some shit like that ! I always forget.
"Because he's the hero that SI deserves, but not the one we need right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Maestro".

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
I don't see how the GFX Crew has anything to do with this, as everyone that tried out was given an equal and fair chance. If you're deciding to call it a clique or what not just because we decided not to accept your tryout, that's on you (although I will say its quite immature). Being 8 months into graphics, you simply can't expect everyone to think the same about your work as you do. Trust me, I've been doing graphics since late 2009, and I've had my share of confusion/anger about how I may have felt differently about my piece than other members, or the fact that I would never get an ounce of cnc, which is my next point.
I know how frustrating it may be to never get any meaningful cnc, so I will do my best as GFX Mod to ensure that each piece of work posted on this site gets my 2 cents. Although I really dont appreciate what you did, I'd hate to lose a member due to our GFX section, so I'd love to see you around and keep posting your work. With time, your skills will surely improve.

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
jesus falcons holy shit i didnt know you were capable of that

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
I don't see how the GFX Crew has anything to do with this, as everyone that tried out was given an equal and fair chance. If you're deciding to call it a clique or what not just because we decided not to accept your tryout, that's on you (although I will say its quite immature). Being 8 months into graphics, you simply can't expect everyone to think the same about your work as you do. Trust me, I've been doing graphics since late 2009, and I've had my share of confusion/anger about how I may have felt differently about my piece than other members, or the fact that I would never get an ounce of cnc, which is my next point.
I know how frustrating it may be to never get any meaningful cnc, so I will do my best as GFX Mod to ensure that each piece of work posted on this site gets my 2 cents. Although I really dont appreciate what you did, I'd hate to lose a member due to our GFX section, so I'd love to see you around and keep posting your work. With time, your skills will surely improve.
Had nothing to do with the tryout. I have been rejected before and I can handle that. Its cool brah.

deeba

The Skunky Nugget
Reaction score
too much reading in this thread. 1 work cnc's are the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%