AE's 1st Round Mock

Mooche

Reaction score
Chris Cook?!?

Considering Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty and Patrick Robinson are all left on the board in your mock when the Vikings pick, that pick does not make sense.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Agreed with Mooche. Cool format though, did you make it yourself? Also, I do not see the Dolphins passing on Kindle now that we have seen Bryant's workout. OT I don't think they will even consider.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I like your choice for the Giants. Any sort of LB position is their biggest need, and Weatherspoon can play multiple positions. He's a versatile guy that will fit into Fewell's scheme.

Mooche

Reaction score
I forgot to comment on the fact that Bruce Campbell isn't NEAR the best OT in this class.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but the Saints LOVE Chris Cook. They think he'll be the 2nd best cover corner to come out of the draft (behind Robinson from Florida State) and is a more polished version of Sean Smith.

Also, Spikes at #24? I've heard talk that he won't even go in the 2nd round because of his workouts.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, I do not see the Dolphins passing on Kindle now that we have seen Bryant's workout. OT I don't think they will even consider.
WR isn't even the Dolphins biggest need right now. OL is just the safest pick to make at 12, especially with Davis still on the board.

Chris Cook is the best Cover 2 corner in the draft. For those that don't know the difference in a Cover 2 corner, see: Dre Bly or even Fred Smoot.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, Spikes at #24? I've heard talk that he won't even go in the 2nd round because of his workouts.
We heard talk months ago that Suh was a lock at #1...then it was McCoy...then possibly Clausen...now Bradford.

It all depends on who your talking to.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We would get Willaims via trade to help our line. But clearly our d-line still isn't established.
No way we pass on Suh. Only way we would get Okung is if we trade down.

A line of Vanden Bosch - Hill - Williams - ?????
That's not really that good. Which is why we need Suh to replace Hill, and HOPEFULLY trade/sign Hargrove to play the other end.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We would get Willaims via trade to help our line. But clearly our d-line still isn't established.
No way we pass on Suh. Only way we would get Okung is if we trade down.

A line of Vanden Bosch - Hill - Williams - ?????
That's not really that good. Which is why we need Suh to replace Hill, and HOPEFULLY trade/sign Hargrove to play the other end.
You willing to give up a high 3rd for Tony?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's why I said "trade/"

I don't expect us to sign him for a 3rd rounder. Hopefully we can work out a deal via trade.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's why I said "trade/"

I don't expect us to sign him for a 3rd rounder. Hopefully we can work out a deal via trade.
I actually think it'd take a 3rd to get him. Much like me, Gregg Williams has a huge man crush on Tony. How about Tony and Pick for Simms? :D

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends on the pick lol.
But I don't think we would trade Sims either. We expect a lot from him after his down year.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Lions need offensive line just as much as they do defensive line and I think the Corey Williams trade makes them feel a little more comfortable with the defensive front than offensive. Like I said, protect that investment (Matthew Stafford) & I wouldn't get too giddy about Vanden Bosch either. They guy just didn't perform once Haynesworth was no longer playing next to him.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boo Bruce Campbell.
And Taylor Mays in BnG would be sick.
Hopefully Jahvid goes in the 1st.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boo Bruce Campbell.
And Taylor Mays in BnG would be sick.
Hopefully Jahvid goes in the 1st.
Jahvid ain't going first brother...he's about #4 on the big board at RB & we won't see 4 teams take RB's in the first.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Spikes won't go in the first. He ran a 5.10. Maycock himself said teams are scared of that. Team, at the worst, want their MLB to run a 4.85. And the Phins won't go OL. I know it. It will be DE/OLB.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Houston and Earl Thomas is interesting.
They definitely need a DB, but I keep hearing more of a CB. So, if they're switching him to CB, I can see it happening.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Earl Thomas is a freak of nature.

Nice Mock btw

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Also...

Berry =/= Reed

And never will

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%