Blake's 2010 NFL Mock Draft

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
St. Louis - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
As much as everyone thinks they need to take a quarterback, let's not forget that Bulger threw for over 4,00 yards four seasons ago when he throwing to the likes of Holt and Bruce; he also had a 1,000 yard rusher in Jackson and a good offensive-line. Spagnola is a defensive minded coach so I don't see him passing up on Suh. Long and Suh could become great in these next few years, and passing up on Suh is just stupid. As much as St. Louis needs a better offensive line, that can be done in the later rounds.

Detroit - Geral McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
McCoy is the obvious pick here for me. Pretty self explanatory, as much as they need a DB/RB, no one of them is really top-5 worthy. Passing up on McCoy is going to be too hard to do. Even though I don't think he's going to be anything better than average. He's Glenn Dorsey v2, small and uses explosiveness. We all know how Dorsey worked out, he may of had a better rookie season that Sapp, but he's not going to be great.

Tampa Bay - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
Everyone has Tampa taking Berry, which is <Censored>ing stupid. Tanard Jackson is the most underrated safety in the NFL, and isn't going to lose his job to a rookie. We don't need a quarterback as we just drafted one. We need all the help we can get at receiver. Last season Kellen Winslow led Tampa in receptions, and he's a tight end. Antonio Bryant caused five of Freemans' interceptions, on one game. Straughter is good in the slot, and Clayton is God awful. They need a WR, quickly.

Washington - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
Everyone knows that Washington is in need of a QB, so why not take Clausen? I personally believe the offense he ran in college will translate better to Washington than Bradfords wide-open passing.

Kansas City - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
I know I'm not a fan of taking a O-linemen in the first round, let alone a top-five, but the Chiefs could use Okung. They just paid out of the ass for Cassell, so no need to take a QB. I'm sure they would love to take Berry, but they need help on the line.

Seattle - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Hasselbeck almost threw for 4,000-yards a few years ago, but they can't rely on him anymore. I'm a fan of Matt, but he's not the same. Pete Carrol is going to want a great QB to build around and will dismiss the injury and draft him, that is if he has a good pro day.

kaeoz

Reaction score
Dez Bryant 3rd overall?? Some say he may slip between 12-25 now.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
...OK, I gave the reasoning above.

Mooche

Reaction score
...OK, I gave the reasoning above.
No, I agree with him more and more. More questions on attitude, and work ethic loom big. I read a report that teams within the top ten have stated they like his upside, but "his work ethic is lacking". A player who didn't play all year is very risky for a 3rd overall selection, amazing talent or not.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I can agree with that; however, Tampa, stupidly, is trying to build a franchise around Freeman.

It's not that bad to have Winslow lead the team in receptions, look at Shockey in New York and Gates in San Diego, but we're not that team.

We NEED a wide-receiver.

While I don't like Bryant at all, we need him much more than we need McCoy.

Mooche

Reaction score
I can agree with that; however, Tampa, stupidly, is trying to build a franchise around Freeman.

It's not that bad to have Winslow lead the team in receptions, look at Shockey in New York and Gates in San Diego, but we're not that team.

We NEED a wide-receiver.

I disagree though.

Tampa clearly knows they are in a re-building mode. They must take the best player at their spot that in the long-run will help them. A weakness you guys have is not being stout at the point of attack in the middle against the run (hah, just like my Colts... <_<) McCoy brings that ability to solidify that.

I understand the Freeman thing, it makes sense, they have put their money on him and it's his time to perform. Again though, it makes little sense choosing and reaching completely on a WR who has so many question marks.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
A lot of Tampa fans don't like McCoy, and I don't either.

I've said it more than once, he's going to be a bust, no doubt in my mind.

He's Glenn Dorsey v2.

We didn't do <Censored> in free agency to help us at receiver.

We need to trade down if anything.

Lately our first round picks are quite garbage: Williams, Adams, Clayton, Freeman -- The only two good ones are Joseph and Talib.

Mooche

Reaction score

He's Glenn Dorsey v2.

Lately our first round picks are quite garbage: Williams, Adams, Clayton, Freeman -- The only two good ones are Joseph and Talib.
I wouldn't doubt you guys selecting Berry. They could move Tanard over, and allow Berry to play the free. We'll have to see though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Bucs should go offense in the first. You need a DT obviously, but you need to build around Freeman and give him something to work with. Freeman was sacked 18 times in only 9 starts, with 2 other sacks in a game he didn't start. One of the top OT's would be a great pick I think. Or a reciever he can really trust to go with Winslow.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully this happens so we can get Berry.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

We NEED a wide-receiver.

I thought Eric Berry would play corner for yall?.

Bombz

Reaction score
Dez Bryant that high?? i don't know if the buc's want him pay him that much, but its your opinion

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Did you not read my reasoning?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

He's Glenn Dorsey v2.

I'm a member at thecaptainsdeck and I've said McCoy shouldn't be the Bucs pick. You say he'll be a bust, but he's not the DT the Bucs need regardless.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Seems like Marc Bulger is injured EVERY year though, doesn't help though when your getting sacked near 40 times every year.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
The thing is, like I said, they don't need a QB. It's not like Bulger is this huge <Censored>ing failure, he's had success in the past and can again.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I understand but... this draft is very rich in wideouts but i guess i know what you mean because DT very rich in this draft aswell
No the <Censored> it's not, not that high.

There is no receiver I'd take in the top 20 for actually.

The Bucs are just <Censored>ing stupid enough to take Dez Bryant.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
to help with Blake's point -- the Bucs just signed S Sean Jones on Wednesday.

so WR or OL would make more sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%