Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flacco is the better passer. Ryan is the better leader.

I'd rather have the better passer than leader.

And yes. I'd take both over Romo.
Lmao come on kam, Flacco isn't a better passer. Checkdown Joe.

Mooche

Reaction score
Flacco is definitely not a better passer.. The dude doesn't even make reads some plays, he looks to flip it to Ray Rice instantly out of the backfield.

That's one of his big weaknesses.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rice had 63 catches last season. 1/5 of Flacco's completions... Give me a fucking break.

Mooche

Reaction score
So, you bring in highly touted Anquan Boldin out of Arizona to be a prime target for Joe Flacco. Last season, he caught a total of 64 passes, which is only one more than Ray Rice. That's a pretty brutal representation for a very good wide-out in an offense, when the running back only caught one less pass than him.

Give me a fucking break.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anquan Boldin is not the same WR in Baltimore as he was in Arizona - had you watched the Ravens play, you would know that.

You are seriously criticizing Flacco for throwing to one of the best pass-catching RBs in the league? He also averaged 7.4 YPA, Ryan was 6.5...

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Checkdown Joe"

Last season, more than 21% of Joe's passes came BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were both at 14%.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To add on to that, Matt Ryan was even lower than Brady and Manning at 12%.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Checkdown Joe"

"Checkdown Drew" Brees was at 19%.

Oh, and 93% of Matt Ryan's passes were under 20 yards... Flacco was at 85%.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Checkdown Drew" Brees was at 19%.

Oh, and 93% of Matt Ryan's passes were under 20 yards... Flacco was at 85%.
Lmao, the Saints use their short passing game as part of their running game.

AKA guys like Pierre and Reggie are the FIRST options. Not third or fourth options like Rice. Thus indicating the name "Checkdown Joe."

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

AKA guys like Pierre and Reggie are the FIRST options. Not third or fourth options like Rice.
Right... I forgot that you are the Ravens' offensive coordinator. So you are suggesting that even though he has been one of the best pass catching RBs in the league since the day he started, Ray Rice isn't actually considered to be near a top option for the Ravens? I guess that makes sense, since Derrick Mason and Anquan Boldin are both in their prime and are better options than Marques Colston.

From your posts on this site, I take it that you are a bit slow... So let me just clarify that paragraph was sarcasm.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right... I forgot that you are the Ravens' offensive coordinator. So you are suggesting that even though he has been one of the best pass catching RBs in the league since the day he started, Ray Rice isn't actually considered to be near a top option for the Ravens? I guess that makes sense, since Derrick Mason and Anquan Boldin are both in their prime and are better options than Marques Colston.

From your posts on this site, I take it that you are a bit slow... So let me just clarify that paragraph was sarcasm.
lmao stay classy Yanks, stay classy.

Also, if you ever played football, you'd know the running back is the safety valve for the QB. You only get him the ball if you have already gone through your reads and nobody else is open.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao stay classy Yanks, stay classy.

Also, if you ever played football, you'd know the running back is the safety valve for the QB. You only get him the ball if you have already gone through your reads and nobody else is open.

AKA guys like Pierre and Reggie are the FIRST options.
Pick a side. If you claim the Saints do it, why is it not possible that the Ravens do the same thing?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we had more short pass plays because we had less big time receiving players, I mean we didn't have many deep threats after they doubled on Roddy. Tony was usually a short pass option for us..

Next season with Julio things will be different tho

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
So you mean to tell me, if you were Joe Flacco.. and had an amazing weapon in Ray Rice, you wouldn't give him the ball anyway you could?

Roger Craig had 92 NFL Catches in 1985, does this mean Joe Montana was a captain checkdown? Hes still one of the best of all time..

Soooo Move along.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol nola, quit negative repping just because people disagree with you. You are wrong, Flacco > Ryan.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yanks dropping the fuckin knowledge on nola haha

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Checkdown Joe"

"Checkdown Drew" Brees, "Checkdown Philip" Rivers, "Checkdown Aaron" Rodgers, "Checkdown Matt" Cassel, "Checkdown Michael" Vick, are all within 3% of Flacco.

"Checkdown Ben" Roethlisberger was actually over 25%.

Good job providing a meaningless stat that doesn't even help your argument. I'm sure that Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Vick, and Roethlisberger are all worse than Matt Ryan too.

Ray Rice was 3rd amongst RB in receptions, last year he was 1st amongst RB and tied for 19th in the league. So in order for Joe Flacco to be considered a good QB, do you suggest he should not utilize Ray Rice's talent as a pass catcher? The reason that Matt Ryan doesn't do the same is because Michael Turner is a notoriously awful pass catcher, who has less career receptions (34) than Ray Rice had in 9 games last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%