• Michael Vick

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Brady is phenomenal this year. The thing is though I think Vick edges him out, and here is why.

1) Vick has played less games, and would put up Brady's passing numbers, or at least close if he played the same amount of games.
2) Brady just sits in the pocket all day with so much time, but Vick doesn't have such a great O Line. He makes them look better than they truly are.
3) Vick can play like Brady, but Brady can't play like Vick. I don't think Brady could have pulled off that comeback against the Giants.
4) Vick can run the football obv.
5) Brady is overrated. Yes I said it, maybe not this year, but in general he is. Look I'm a Michigan dude, and I like Brady. Maybe not in a Patriots uniform, but still. Brady didn't do as great as everyone said he did that first Super Bowl. He gets bailed out by the refs against the Raiders number one. Bledsoe could have won a championship too in those playoffs I think. He defo did well in the AFC Championship. He didn't play that great vs the Ramsv in the Super Bowl, he threw for under 180 yards in that game. That final drive didn't impress me all that much either. He threw a bunch of 3 yard checkdowns and his running backs made all the plays. I don't hold anything against people who throw checkdowns, it's just whenever Brady is throwing downfield needing a TD, he throws a game losing pick. 2005 Divisional game, 2006 Divisional game, and the 2006 AFC Championship is all the proof of it. He had a nice drive in the Super Bowl against the Panthers, I'll give him that. He had a great kicker too, though. Manning had led teams on drives like that, but his team can never complete those type of drives for him. Yet Manning still gets shit talked for being a choker. LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A MANNING VS BRADY THIS IS A MICHAEL VICK VS BRADY THREAD. The reason I bring this up is some people bring up the OH BRADY HAS 3 RINGS ARGUMENT, and I think that's silly and has nothing to do with this season. Anyway what do you guys think?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't think Brady is overrated by any means but Michael Vick clearly is the MVP in my eyes. What's he's done this year with the Eagles has been amazing, there's no questioning that.

Reaction score
I don't think Brady is overrated by any means but Michael Vick clearly is the MVP in my eyes. What's he's done this year with the Eagles has been amazing, there's no questioning that.
I don't think he sucks, I just don't think you can rank him with Elway.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't see how you can't give Vick the MVP.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't see how Tom Brady can be considered overrated.. Not to mention the guy hasn't thrown an INT since week 6, and is 17 pass attempts away from the record of most consecutive pass attempts without an INT.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed. Vick should be MVP.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brady is getting the MVP imo.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both deserving. Brady isn't overrated. He's a legend..

Reaction score
I really don't see how Tom Brady can be considered overrated.. Not to mention the guy hasn't thrown an INT since week 6, and is 17 pass attempts away from the record of most consecutive pass attempts without an INT.
I didn't say this year. I just say the media overhypes him and people do in general. Brady is a great QB, for god sakes I didn't say he sucks.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
.... i think i need to start going back to Church..... because God just hates me right now...

TTN2810

Reaction score
lol
Brady>

Yeah, i edited this. Don't wanna start shit.

Reaction score
lol
This is a "Hate Brady" thread. I'm not even gonna take the time to explain why.
How the fuck is this a Hate Brady thread? I like the guy, I don't know how many times I have to say it. I may hate him in a Pats uniform, but he went to Michigan, and that's okay in my book.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, he gets a little too much credit for winning 3 super bowls with a group of average WRs.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can make a huge case for Michael Vick, he is the reason the Eagles are 1 win away from the division title, considering how bad that offensive line is. But using the same thought process, Brady makes the Patriots offense what it is. We all know the case in favor of Vick but look at what will work against him. Vick missed games b/c of Kolb & injury, Kolb put up great numbers during his starts with the same team, and Brady's played every...meaning better statistics.

Tom Brady is the NFL's golden child, his performance warrants the MVP, while Mike Vick is the greatest player to ever be crowned Comeback Player of the Year.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You can't use Vick missing 3 games for Vick, that's a double-edged sword. I could say right back that as Vick has continued to play, he has thrown more interceptions (didn't throw ANY until the Bears game). And thus, he would have even more now than he does. Don't get me wrong, Vick has had a great year, highlighted by the Giants game last week. But Brady is without a doubt the best player in the league right now, and should be rewarded so. He's playing a way he hasn't since 2007 (50 TD 8 INT), and he's doing it with far less weapons than A) He had in 2007 B) Vick has now.

On the Eagles you have arguably THE most explosive (key word) receiver in the NFL, a rising star in Jeremy Maclin, a great possession receiver in Jason Avant, a top 10 TE in Brett Celek, and a very good young RB in LeSean McCoy. Compare that to what Brady as: Wes Welker coming off a knee injury (still very good I know), an aging Deion Branch, two rookie Tight Ends, and his running game features BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and Danny Woodhead. In no position does Brady have the edge over Vick, but yet Brady is making playing the QB position look easy. The Patriots line hasn't even been at full strength all year with Mankins holding out until just recently.

I know Vick has a lot of hype around him with the way he has come back, but don't be fooled. Brady is doing more with less, he is the best QB in the league, playing for the best team in the league - He IS the MVP.

VC15

Reaction score
^^^THIS^^^.

Only in the NFL, a convicted dog-killing felon can tun into an MVP candidate/over-hyped darling.

Convick doesn't pull that off without a lot of help from the Giants.

We played 52 minutes on Sunday. If we played all 60, we win by 28 points.

We laid out the blueprint on how to shut Vick and co down (the Bears led off our example), then we went away from it and got burned.

Watching Convick choke in the playoffs will be priceless.

Reaction score
Yea, he gets a little too much credit for winning 3 super bowls with a group of average WRs.
Erm. If I remember correctly those average receivers, and backs. Were catching 1 yard dinks thrown from Brady and running 10 yards with them, in the Super Bowl. Not to mention Brady played below average, and his defense stopped the Greatest Show on Turf. So why don't they get any credit? Does Brady play all over the field? How do those receivers get so open on plays? How does Corey Dillon do so well? Brady gets way too much credit imo. He had all time great teams around him. Great QB, though. I'm not denying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%