The Great QB Debate

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Actually, the 'Skins' led the league in that stat IIRC.

You're line was piss poor? Then how the <Censored> did Charles light it up?

Also, Tampa had the same <Censored>, I understand the frustration.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Where do you get that from?

Please, tell me.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Where do you get that from?

Please, tell me.
Its biased, but I don't think Brady is going to play like he did in 07 again. Edited my post, to say Manning has been more consistent, which is true.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually, the 'Skins' led the league in that stat IIRC.

You're line was piss poor? Then how the <Censored> did Charles light it up?

Also, Tampa had the same <Censored>, I understand the frustration.
Meh...I was just on another site and they said it was the chiefs who lead the league in that category.

Our line was piss poor...Jamaal just happened to hit a streak. All dude needs is a inch and he's gone. Streaks happened..our line was still <Censored>ty. I watched them week in and week out. They weren't good at all.

But back to the original...discussion

Mooche

Reaction score
People say that Brady is better because he played with crap receivers, but so did Peyton. We just don't that Peyton's receivers suck, because he makes them so good. Peyton makes his offensive so effective.

Also you got remember that Brady is put in an amazing system. Remember when he got hurt, and Cassel came in and torn it up? That was because of the system that he had in place. Cassel hasn't done anything since.
Look what he did this year. Pierre and Collie aren't exactly studs, yes, he had Reggie and Clark but he made those two look like Pro Bowl WR's in the playoffs. People want to use the excuse Brady had trash WR's, the fact is that Manning had them too.

Also, take a look in history with spy-gate. How did Brady do after it? If I remember correctly, the mighty Patriots had the Ravens come into their house and destroyed them.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peyton to me.
Matt isn't horrible, but he is a prime reason why. He stepped in and succeeded very well.
I honestly don't think a replacement for Peyton would make that Colts team as good as they are with Manning.

I also agree with JH5 when he said that Peyton makes his receivers what they are.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
The thing is Cassell didn't succeed very well at all. He threw the ball to Welker over 100-times.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont understand why we are putting WR's into this equation. Lets just look at the QB's in a vacuum, just both players and not all these other factors. Peyton Manning is the most prolific regular season QB that the NFL has ever seen, he makes everyone around him better. But Tom Brady is one of if not the greatest postseason QB of all-time. Brady is 14-4 in the playoffs, Peyton is 9-9. Brady has 4 less INT's with the same amount of TD's. Brady is just a more clutch QB and when its all said and done Brady has 3 and Manning has 1. Both have also lost a Super Bowl, but you can say that is was Manning's fault why they lost as opposed to Brady whose defense let him lose another Super Bowl. I'll take the rings any day of the week.

Reaction score
I dont understand why we are putting WR's into this equation. Lets just look at the QB's in a vacuum, just both players and not all these other factors. Peyton Manning is the most prolific regular season QB that the NFL has ever seen, he makes everyone around him better. But Tom Brady is one of if not the greatest postseason QB of all-time. Brady is 14-4 in the playoffs, Peyton is 9-9. Brady has 4 less INT's with the same amount of TD's. Brady is just a more clutch QB and when its all said and done Brady has 3 and Manning has 1. Both have also lost a Super Bowl, but you can say that is was Manning's fault why they lost as opposed to Brady whose defense let him lose another Super Bowl. I'll take the rings any day of the week.
1) Reggie Wayne ran the WRONG ROUTE! So it wasn't his fault.
2) Peyton Manning postseason stats 435 of 692 (62.9) for 5,164 yards, 28 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

QB rating: 87.6

Tom Brady postseason stats 395 of 637 (62.0) for 4,108 yards, 28 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

QB rating: 85.5

3) Are you seriously using record as a argument? Manning led his team back to within 1 score in 1999 of winning that game but the defense let up. In 2000 Mike Vanderjagt missed the game winning FG. in 2005 Nick Harper is <Censored>ing retarded. In 2007 Dallas Clark drops a 4th down pass to lose the game. in 2008 the Defense <Censored>ing sucks and get torched. and in XLIV Reggie ran the wrong route which resulted in a pick 6

Mooche

Reaction score
1) Reggie Wayne ran the WRONG ROUTE! So it wasn't his fault.
2) Peyton Manning postseason stats 435 of 692 (62.9) for 5,164 yards, 28 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

QB rating: 87.6

Tom Brady postseason stats 395 of 637 (62.0) for 4,108 yards, 28 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

QB rating: 85.5

3) Are you seriously using record as a argument? Manning led his team back to within 1 score in 1999 of winning that game but the defense let up. In 2000 Mike Vanderjagt missed the game winning FG. in 2005 Nick Harper is <Censored>ing retarded. In 2007 Dallas Clark drops a 4th down pass to lose the game. in 2008 the Defense <Censored>ing sucks and get torched. and in XLIV Reggie ran the wrong route which resulted in a pick 6

Thank you.

I think any fan of football could tell quite clearly that Reggie ran a brutal route. He had no emphasis on his cut, and the ball got jumped by Porter who could sniff out the play all along. Manning did have Reggie -- if Reggie ran it harder, that ball is completed and the Colts continue to march. I think Danny showed quite clearly the stat difference is not entirely that much, but yet Peyton gets noted as the "choker". Let me tell you what the definition of not showing up in the big game is - Tom Brady throwing for 145 yards in Super Bowl 36 knowing what the Rams were going to do on defense.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score

Kiss the rings, <Censored>, lol.

Mooche

Reaction score

"Hey Phillip, maybe one day you can also hoist one of these".

----

Anyways. I'm still waiting to hear somebody counter me on the "clutch" performance Brady had in the Super Bowl against the Rams, knowing their plays. People wanna nag on Big Ben for playing <Censored>ty against Seattle, but wanna suck Tom off. What's the deal?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
07*

*Matched up against Rex Grossman

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I pick Peyton. That guy just conducts the offense so well. Audibles a lot and reads the defense and adjusts. Very smart player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%