Bautista Has Been Given 16 Drug Tests Over Last Two Years

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Major League Baseball conducts random drug testing as part of the fallout from a tainted stretch in 1990s.

Either Jose Bautista is extremely lucky or someone has suspicions about him, because the Blue Jays slugger says he has been tested 16 times over the last two years.

Bautista made the remark at a banquet in the Dominican Republic, according to a report in Spanish published in the Dominican newspaper "Hoy."

He said that he had been tested nine times in 2010, the year he led the majors with 54 homers, and was tested seven times last season when he hit another 43 home runs.

In the two previous seasons, he had only been tested three times, Bautista said.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, can you blame them though?
That kind of production increase is pretty fishy on the surface.
16 times might be a bit overboard, but still.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my main problem is when they test a guy a lot because they juts assume he's on something, but a utility infielder with little pop could be taking it and they test him twice in 3 years

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, well at least we know hes legit. And lol on that Hoy newspaper I see that shit all the time.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
test him before every game.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Yeah it's not surprising considering how he skyrocketed one year. Good to know he is clean though.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now can you leave him alone, MLB? lol

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Now can you leave him alone, MLB? lol
they won't because they think if they stop testing him he might end up taking something, if they stop testing him now, he takes something and hits 70 HRs, what reason would they have to test a guy who hits 70 after 54 and 43? none, but they don't trust him tbh. they mad tho haha

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they won't because they think if they stop testing him he might end up taking something, if they stop testing him now, he takes something and hits 70 HRs, what reason would they have to test a guy who hits 70 after 54 and 43? none, but they don't trust him tbh. they mad tho haha
Exactly what I was thinking lol. If they haven't stopped at 10, then you know they're not gonna stop.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
He's been getting all those home runs because of that dude in the bleachers giving him pitching signs. Its definitely not the roids....

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh yeah I totally forgot about the dude in white.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steroids don't improve your home run hitting ability

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Steroids don't improve your home run hitting ability
It allows you to become stronger at a faster rate, increasing your power, increasing your home run total. So it does improve your home run hitting ability.

Granted you need to be a good player to begin with.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steroids do not improve your plate discipline/vision, bat speed and ability to barrel up the ball. Getting bigger doesn't make you a better power hitter.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steroids do not improve your plate discipline/vision, bat speed and ability to barrel up the ball. Getting bigger doesn't make you a better power hitter.
:cheese:

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steroids help you recover from injuries quicker, and recover from working out. With more muscle mass, you obviously can swing the bat fucking faster.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Which is why I said you have to be good to begin with.

If you are able to swing a heavier bat with the same bat speed you were able to with a lighter bat your going to have an increase in power, it's not rocket science.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was all about changing his mechanics though, hes as big as he was when he sucked. His leg kick helped him time the fastballs he couldn't hit when he wasn't very good.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
It was all about changing his mechanics though, hes as big as he was when he sucked. His leg kick helped him time the fastballs he couldn't hit when he wasn't very good.
Well this doesn't apply to Bautista, considering he's clean lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%