Roger Clemens charged with perjury in steroid case

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
WASHINGTON(AP) —A federal grand jury on Thursday indicted seven-time Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens for allegedly lying to Congress about using steroids.

Clemens faces charges of obstruction of Congress, making false statements and perjury.

The former Major League baseball pitcher and his former trainer, Brian McNamee, testified under oath at a 2008 hearing before a House committee and contradicted each other about whether Clemens had used the banned substances.

McNamee has told federal agents, baseball investigator George Mitchell and the committee that he injected Clemens more than a dozen times with steroids and human growth hormone from 1998 to 2001.

Clemens has maintained that McNamee was lying.

Clemens’ attorney, Rusty Hardin, said by telephone from Houston that he had just learned of the indictment and would wait to decide whether to comment.

Source: Yahoo Sports
Im glad this guy is getting the justice he deserves. Never liked the guy after he was head hunting Piazza and then threw a bat at him in the World Series.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Im glad this guy is getting the justice he deserves. Never liked the guy after he was head hunting Piazza and then threw a bat at him in the World Series.
same

Mooche

Reaction score
Well Roger got smacked with this. Ouch.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Am I the only who cares like 0% about steroids anymore?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
God knows why people were even put in front of the grand jury for this steroid <Censored>.. No, he does not deserve to go to jail for using steroids.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
God knows why people were even put in front of the grand jury for this steroid <Censored>.. No, he does not deserve to go to jail for using steroids.
Clemens didn't have to go I guess. That what I was listening to on ESPN. They said Clemens wanted to testify in court to show everyone his innocence. But he could of not even said anything and could of avoided all of this I guess.

But I agree with what you said completely.

Swag_Surfin

Reaction score
Clemens didn't have to go I guess. That what I was listening to on ESPN. They said Clemens wanted to testify in court to show everyone his innocence. But he could of not even said anything and could of avoided all of this I guess.

But I agree with what you said completely.

This, he chose to testify before the grand jury. He wasnt even smart about it, like team mate Pettitte, who said he used them for an injury. He just got in front of the GJ and told them he never used, then failed a test and people came forward about it. It is kinda rediculous, but w/e

jHammack

Reaction score
They're making an example out of him and if he had just kept his mouth shut, this wouldn't have even happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%