2015 NFL Draft Discussion

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes not a suspect, I don't see how anything from it could make a team not want to draft him, but it looks like it will just because of Aaron Hernandez and the non-violent drug violators in the league who are apparently the scum of earth

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The way I've understood it is he's not a suspect because they have no suspects, people of interest, etc.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And it's doubtful anything he says is going to change that. He is apparently providing DNA samples as well.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is what it is. It's really unfortunate timing but La'el will drop like a rock tonight, it sucks but in this situation I wouldn't draft him high either

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes doing what he can to prove he's not guilty. innocent people usually don't do that. id still draft him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't buy that the Titans will take Mariota if they don't trade the pick. It doesn't make sense that they would be willing to trade the pick if they believe in Mariota enough to take him. If they thought he was a franchise guy they wouldn't even be considering trade offers. I think they're just trying to increase the offers by scaring teams who would then try to trade up to a different spot for Mariota. 

But I guess we'll see. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
hes doing what he can to prove he's not guilty. innocent people usually don't do that. id still draft him.
Papa Pugzo said:
That's not proven, he's offered to do a paternity test but not much else. The LSU beat writer kind of hinted at La'el being less than cooperative when they first got in touch with him and that "something is fishy on one side of the other."

I mean I don't think he did it, I'm just playing devils advocate, but there is way to much up in the air right now to use such a valuable pick on a cloudy situation.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LSU beat writer stirring shit up, is more like it. That's baseless speculation. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN does a fantastic job of trying to get Cleveland to hate them. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
LSU beat writer stirring shit up, is more like it. That's baseless speculation. 
This isn't the guy to stir stuff up, that's the other one. Whatever his name is.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nfl denied his request to be removed from the draft

TTN2810

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I don't buy that the Titans will take Mariota if they don't trade the pick. It doesn't make sense that they would be willing to trade the pick if they believe in Mariota enough to take him. If they thought he was a franchise guy they wouldn't even be considering trade offers. I think they're just trying to increase the offers by scaring teams who would then try to trade up to a different spot for Mariota. 

But I guess we'll see. 
The story goes that they really like Mett, but they like Mariota more. And enough compensation could sway them to stick with Mett, because they do like him.

2 or 3 first rounders + Mett is worth a hell of a lot more than just Mariota.

If they can't get what they want, then they go with Mariota, because, they do like him more than Mett.

Allegedly.

My personal opinion is that Williams/Cooper/White + Mett is > Mariota.

Overall though, I think Mett pretty much = Mariota anyways.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
For his own sake, I really hope Dante Fowler isn't a bust. Because god, he hasn't even been drafted, and that has to be the most expensive suit/shoes I've seen in Draft history, NFL or NBA.

Really poor way to start off your career financially, but that's just my personal opinion

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really just hope the Eagles don't do something stupid tonight. That's really where I'm at this offseason.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paying too much to move up to get Mariota. I read something earlier that two 1sts, a 2nd, Fletcher Cox, and Mychal Kendricks was on the table just for 2nd overall and I don't think Mariota is worth that price.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Lmao at Bud Dupree, wearing a deep red jacket with a black tie on a charcoal shirt. Literally could not be dressed more to be selected by Atlanta lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Danny Shelton's basically wearing a skirt right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%