2015 Draft Prospects Thread

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, Karlos Williams is a decent back, but I wish FSU would stop taking defensive recruits and moving them to RB. Williams could have been a top safety. They did the same thing to Wilder and fucked him so much he didn't even get drafted.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Wilder was actually recruited as a running back, but I still believe he would have been an all American at linebacker.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He did play LB in high school though, right? So it wouldn't have been crazy if FSU moved back there.

Why FSU would want a 6'3 tailback is still beyond me.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Karlos Williams is being touted as a potential elite back though rn. He'll probably be fine.

Also, Jay Ajayi is a fucking beast. First round talent. If RB's went in the first.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Williams has potential, I wouldn't say he's anything close to elite. You can tell he doesn't have a lot of experience at RB, FSU's gonna feature him this year though so we'll see how that goes.

I still think he'd be an awesome Strong Safety though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I haven't even watched him. I had just seen some article where scouts were saying he could be elite.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why didn't you join me on the Ajayi hype train when I brought him up on the last page? 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gimme your thoughts on Duke Johnson.

Fucking beast, right?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Went back and watched some more Petty. Dude really needs to improve when he's under pressure. He looks like a stud when he's got time but when he has to make quick decisions he crumbles.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
He's no Mike James

I know you're joking when you say that, but I fucking loved Mike James.  One of my favorite Canes of all time.  Dude is a professional in the truest sense of the word.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol he's actually a decent back. He was just the first Canes RB that popped into my head.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Teagz said:
Went back and watched some more Petty. Dude really needs to improve when he's under pressure. He looks like a stud when he's got time but when he has to make quick decisions he crumbles.
I saw that article too about that, and I think it's overblown. The issues he had under pressure were more to do with what the defenses were doing and the offense taking too long to counter. They did counter it eventually most times.

The issues for Petty under pressure, IMO, are issues any QB is going to have under pressure and air tight man coverage. Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do.

Petty can improve, but right now I'd put him in a category with a Carr/Bortles type prospect. Not at #3 like Bortles went, but a fringe first rounder like he and Carr should have been.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His lack of escapability plays into it too but I agree he's a late 1st/early 2nd type player.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'd say Petty is above avg at escapability.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Christian Hackenberg will go #1 whenever he decides to go pro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%