Brutalis, You Were Right.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I now agree with you about Ryan Mallett. He's the best QB in the draft. Kam, Mooche, I know you'll hate me now :D
But yeah, Brutalis, sorry for being a dick dude.

Now, finally, we have a thread that praises Mallett.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mmmmm he's crazy though. I mean that whole thing with Gruden...that was funny...

TTN2810

Reaction score
Link?
I heard about it but I didn't see it. I saw another video of him and Gruden, but not that one.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the one I watched. He looked class in that one.
I didn't see the one Kam was making fun of.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well just how he answers things and at some point in that video he was like staring at the tv instead of looking Gruden in the eye when talking to him.

Nothing really bad, just kinda funny.

TTN2810

Reaction score
That's just trying to look for something to nit pick at.
The drug issues haven't been proven, and Petrino said he never failed a drug test, and sure he's not the most consistent, but he's got a lot of upside.

Now after watching more, and looking more into the character "concerns", I would be happy for the Titans to take him, even at 8.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
From a purely football standpoint, I'm just not convinced. I'm not denying he throws a great deep ball and has all the art strength blah blah, but my issue is the tendency to panic when under pressure (both physical and mental).

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Let me break it down.

Mallett is Jeff George. Period.
Would I take him over Garrard? Sure. Do I want him? No.

In the Gruden interview, he constantly kept blaming his other teammates. Last year, Gruden roasted Jimmy Clausens ass when he blamed a WR for a wrong route ran. & it affected his draft stock. Now, when Mallett does it to his Oline, RB, its cool?

Arkansas may have had a terrible Oline, but Mallett isn't exactly the best QB to deal with pressure, hes slower in the pocket then Byron Leftwich for christ sakes.

Hes Jeff George all around. Attitude, one of the most talented arms, will never do anything with it. Kid is immature and young. He'll never develop into a great QB.

Brutalis never liked Mallett because he was a "great QB". If Mallett played for Michigan still, Brutalis would be shooting him down like the rest of us. But because he transfered to Arkansas (nice loyalty to Michigan BTW) Brutalis is on his dick.

People never seem to amaze me.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
BTW, TTN, bro. You change #1 QB like I change boxers.

Gabbet
then Ponder.
Then Gabbert.
Then you like Dalton.
Then its Ponder.
Then its now Mallett.

Sheesh, get a grip bro.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He didn't transfer because he wasn't loyal to Michigan, he transferred because of Rich Rod. Picture Mallett trying to run the option.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He didn't transfer because he wasn't loyal to Michigan, he transferred because of Rich Rod. Picture Mallett trying to run the option.
I never said thats why he didn't transfer. I know he transfered because the offense didn't fit him.

Why I said the loyal thing because he said in the gruden thing.

"I'm loyal to my locker room and to my teammates"

I laughed.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
According to Pro Football Weekly, Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett confirmed to NFL teams during the Combine that he at least experimented with drugs during his college years.
There have been rumors that Mallett was addicted. In Combine interviews, he reportedly came clean about recreational use, at a minimum. Per PFW's Nolan Nawrocki, "One GM said Mallett was the first quarterback ever to admit his drug usage to him in interviews." Mallett never had a positive drug test at Arkansas, but sources tell Nawrocki that he has a reputation as a "big party guy." Said one league executive, "I would not take him at any point (in the draft)." Apr 18, 2:17 PM

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd bet anything that 95% of the players in this entire draft class experimented with drugs in college.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
According to SI.com's Peter King, Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett's draft stock is "falling" around the league heading to April 28.
We tend to believe the opposite of such reports in Misinformation Season, but King says Mallett's stock is all over the board. He suggests the Razorbacks' all-time passing leader could go as high as No. 15 (Fins), or as low as No. 49 (Jags). We're still not convinced any team would use a first-rounder on Mallett, but it's impossible to say anything draft-related with certainty.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gruden also said that most of Mallett's throws, the pocket was clear. He said for him to be successful, that will have to happen in the NFL.

Mooche

Reaction score
I don't hate you.. I said I didn't mind Mallett, I just don't know where his head is at. Which is the million dollar question.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Fine, "a lot" then
Meh.

Most College players dont make it to the NFL though.

How many players IN THE DRAFT. Do you honestly feel has done/tried drugs WHILE AT COLLEGE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%