Should Russia be banned from the Rio Olympics?

CoachAF

Reaction score
Yes they should. However, politics might bail them out. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/17117626/russia-loses-appeal-ban-track-field-athletes

Russia lost its appeal Thursday against the Olympic ban on its track and field athletes, a decision that could add pressure on the IOC to exclude the country entirely from next month's Games in Rio de Janeiro.

I say the Track and Field athletes should be banned, but I would allow the rest with the understanding that any negative tests from ANY of them this Olympics, and they would be banned for the next Olympics in Japan. I imagine that'd light a fuel under them and would still allow most of them to compete. Not really fair to the white water rapids athletes to get kicked out b/c the T&F guys cant keep their hands off the needles.

Senators26

Reaction score
Word is Russia as a whole will be banned and the athletes with their names cleared will still be able to compete but under the Olympic flag.

Mr. X

Reaction score
Not only should the be banned from this Summer's Olympics, but an entire Olympic cycle including the next Winter Olympics too.

CoachAF

Reaction score
IOC ruled today that Russia WILL NOT be fully banned from the Rio Olympics

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mr. X said:
Not only should the be banned from this Summer's Olympics, but an entire Olympic cycle including the next Winter Olympics too.
this is what i would have liked to see

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
CoachAF said:
IOC ruled today that Russia WILL NOT be fully banned from the Rio Olympics
So just the track and field team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%