Official Phil Kessel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuley

Reaction score
At AAA it is, because there's only 12 teams(?) in all so it would be the top 210 skaters at that age and the top 24 goalies in all of Toronto, although that isn't really true because of teams like DMF. For AA theirs the East and the West. East has 13 teams I think, and the West has 18, they don't play against each other, but the players just aren't that great. A lot of kids who really shouldn't be playing AA end up making it, because there are so many spots open.

kuley

Reaction score
Oh, and is the neighbors name Ryan?
Only kid I know on the JRC, just from playing against him.

kuley

Reaction score
aha, ok.
I'm not sure if he still plays there though, but 2 years ago he dominated in AA, but that was mainly because he was huge. I think when he went to AAA he wasn't nearly as good, and he might have got cut from them. But I'm not really sure.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
My Sexy Schenn and Komi jerseys

Yeah I know its Kessel's thread, but this is necessary.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Yeah, I still play for the Georgetown Raiders.
my team played u guys once, but I was out that game with a broken wrist

but that was a long ass time ago

btw I couldn't help but notice, but ya I've heard nothing but bad things about the GTHL, and I've been playing in the OMHA for the longest time, and there's been no problems

kuley

Reaction score
If you aren't playing AAA in the GTHL it's horrible. The teams are so unbalanced. There are like, 2 or 3 teams at the top, that win almost every game, there are 4 teams that are actually competing, and you don't know who win win going into the game, and then there are a couple teams that battle each other, and then there are 3 teams that are horrible and get like 6-12 points a season, and then there's the fail team that goes 0-35-1 every year.

Oh, and then I don't know if you have entry fees or not, but they made it $6 for an adult and $6 for a player in the G.

Gtown81

Reaction score
well it was sort of the same with the OMHA when I played, like we always finished in the top 3 with Barrie and Aurora, then there was a bunch of <Censored>ty ass teams we would blow out of the water

like one year Barrie was undefeated, we were in second and we lost all our games to Barrie, but one game we happened to beat them, and then we played a <Censored>ty team from Richmond Hill, and they tied us cause one of our players hit our goalie in the back of the head in warm ups so he played with a concussion lol, and when Richmond Hill tied us they acted like they just won the stanley cup

kuley

Reaction score
bahaha. My team would probably be the equivalent to the Richmond Hill team. We finished 8th in the playoffs so we had to face the top team who finished with no losses and 1 tie. We tied them.. but we still lost the series. it was pretty cool actually.

Same thing kinda happened to my team, only not as bad. some dumbass kid shot a puck at the backup goalie in warmups and broke his rib.. but he got cut this year so whatever.

you guys only have one goalie?

and is it the Barrie Colts, Aurora Tigers and Richmond Hill Stars?
Richmond Hill is good in my age group, and Aurora is amazing and Barrie's pretty good. What team were you own, or are you own if you don't mind me asking.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Can tell you as a goalie, players act like idiots. I nearly broke my wrist last year from a kid's slapshot when he wasn't looking. I have also been pegged in the back of the legs when fishing pucks out of the net. Very painful.

BTW Gtown who do you play for?

Gtown81

Reaction score
bahaha. My team would probably be the equivalent to the Richmond Hill team. We finished 8th in the playoffs so we had to face the top team who finished with no losses and 1 tie. We tied them.. but we still lost the series. it was pretty cool actually.

Same thing kinda happened to my team, only not as bad. some dumbass kid shot a puck at the backup goalie in warmups and broke his rib.. but he got cut this year so whatever.

you guys only have one goalie?

and is it the Barrie Colts, Aurora Tigers and Richmond Hill Stars?
Richmond Hill is good in my age group, and Aurora is amazing and Barrie's pretty good. What team were you own, or are you own if you don't mind me asking.
well we had like 4 or 5 awful teams, and then there was Markham, and I don't think they won a game

and no we had two goalies, but the one was sick and it was too short notice to call up a goalie

ya those are the team names, I played A and AE (select), I don't play hockey anymore and the last few years I quit playing rep and played juvenile which is a ###### up league lol

Gtown81

Reaction score
Can tell you as a goalie, players act like idiots. I nearly broke my wrist last year from a kid's slapshot when he wasn't looking. I have also been pegged in the back of the legs when fishing pucks out of the net. Very painful.

used to play for the Newmarket Redmen

kuley

Reaction score

I hate guys like that... I was getting a drink so i took my glove off and i was just letting my arm float for a while, and then a guy took a shot and hit me right on my knuckle on my middle finger. it wasn't broken or sprained, but it was swollen for at least 2 days. by swollen i mean I couldn't bend my finger at all.

With my old pads (Vaughn Legacy ahahah) I didn't have any knee protection so I got hit there a lot, and it hurt a ton.

I had to play a game with a broken finger, because the other goalie was complaining about his skates cause he didn't want to play.. he got though, so LOL. i lost the game though. pretty bad too.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I hate guys like that... I was getting a drink so i took my glove off and i was just letting my arm float for a while, and then a guy took a shot and hit me right on my knuckle on my middle finger. it wasn't broken or sprained, but it was swollen for at least 2 days. by swollen i mean I couldn't bend my finger at all.

With my old pads (Vaughn Legacy ahahah) I didn't have any knee protection so I got hit there a lot, and it hurt a ton.

I had to play a game with a broken finger, because the other goalie was complaining about his skates cause he didn't want to play.. he got though, so LOL. i lost the game though. pretty bad too.
I actually hate the knee protection. I have X;60 that I got last summer and took the protection right off when I got them. Yeah sure I have got pucks there, but I can't stand them.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score

I actually hate the knee protection. I have X;60 that I got last summer and took the protection right off when I got them. Yeah sure I have got pucks there, but I can't stand them.

fletch

Reaction score
My friend used to play in the GTHL on the jr.canadiens his name was Ryan O'Connor (6th overall in ohl draft), and yeah I played the raiders a couple times we beat them 2 out of 3, good offense, but bad defense.

kuley

Reaction score
I just got a new set of Vaughn Velocity V3 7407 and the knee protection is way too bulky. It always goes into my pants and gets stuck, and it does bug me, but I wear my pads so tight that often enough they won't rotate and i'll get saved by them.

My friend used to play in the GTHL on the jr.canadiens his name was Ryan O'Connor (6th overall in ohl draft), and yeah I played the raiders a couple times we beat them 2 out of 3, good offense, but bad defense.
:eek:
I googled him, and he seems good. Team Canada U-18. NHL maybe. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%