playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Poni is probably on the outs

Gonchar will take less to sign, but not sure if he will. They NEED him though

stewza

Reaction score
Next year's going to be another rough year for the Canes if things pan out how I'm seeing them now. New self imposed cap so we won't be signing any decent UFA defencemen.

Whitney/Ruutu - Staal - Jokinen
Ruutu/Bowman - Sutter - Boychuk
Samsonov/Osala/ - Tlusty/Dalpe - LaRose
Cole - Brind'Amour/Dodge - Kostopaulus

Pitkanen - Mcbain
Gleason - Babchuk
Carson - Harrison/Borer/Jordan
Harrison(hopefully he doesn't get the #6 spot)

Ward
Peters

Hopefully JR figures out something to do with Samsonov, I read a quote a bit ago where he said he didn't really see him with our team in the future. Our defense is just bad, Mcbain will be playing either #2 or #4 spot as a rookie. Our third pairing is either going to be two rookies or a rookie and Jay Harrison which is probably worse. Thank god Babchuk is coming back though, he's the only thing that's giving me hope about our back end next season.

Up front is kind of a mess, only spots that are really locks are Staal, Sutter 1-2. JR sounds like he wants to give Tlusty a full time spot next year. I hope Larose stays off the fourth line, he really started to heat up in the last month of the season. I'm not sure about resigning Whitney, he's said before that he wants to retire in Carolina and JR said he wouldn't mind having him back but it's all about his price tag. The 3rd and 4th lines are a mess mostly because Brind'Amour hasn't decided if he's coming back or not, if he does we'll have the most expensive 4th line in the NHL.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whitney has already hinted he's not going back to Carolina, but you gotta take what these players say with a grain of salt.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hoping for a big signing or trade in Leafs nation. I could see Kaberle gone this off-season. I really want us to make the playoffs next year. It's been a long time.

stewza

Reaction score
Whitney has already hinted he's not going back to Carolina, but you gotta take what these players say with a grain of salt.
"Whitney, 38, will be an unrestricted free agent July 1, but Rutherford said he hopes an agreement can be reached to keep the winger with the Hurricanes.

"He'd like to stay and in our initial (one-on-one) meeting we came to the conclusion we'd like him to stay," Rutherford said. "We are trying to make the team younger and at some point he does want to win again. But at the end of the meeting he made it clear that ideally he'd like to stay.

"Now we have to get down to how the contract fits."

from http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/no-decisions-on-brindamour-whitney

fletch

Reaction score
Hoping they trade Kaberle at the draft.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
Really hope the Canucks take Kabonov if he's available. He has attitude problems but he has top 3 talent.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No. He's a forward and Kabanov's stock has gone way down. I expect gillis to draft a d in the first round. It just seems to risky drafting a Russian player because most of them want to go back to russia when they get signed and get sent down to the ahl.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really hope the Canucks take Kabonov if he's available. He has attitude problems but he has top 3 talent.
Penguins my dude

And stewza, ok maybe he'll stay if they commit to him haha

stewza

Reaction score
For the draft I just hope we draft a forward that has some size.

El Nino would probably be the safest bet but so many people want Granlund just because he's the highest projected Finnish prospect. I'm hoping for Nino, Forbort or if any of the top end talent is still available at the #7 pick(Fowler, Gudbranson, Connolly, Tarasenko)

edit: for our three second rounders I hope we get at least one of Hishon Knight Pulkinnen or Petrovic.

stewza

Reaction score
I was thinking today, I know it's not likely but what if Jack Campbell went somewhere 1-6.

Would mean one of these guys would fall to the Canes

Hall
Seguin
Connolly
Fowler
Gudbranson
Gormley

I guess Nino and Tarasenko could go 1-6 too but I think Campbell is more likely.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Definitely not Hall or Seguin but maybe one of the other guys

stewza

Reaction score
Well no <Censored>, I'm just saying that those are the most probably top 6 and if someone takes Jack Campbell instead of one of them they fall to the Canes.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
With the season the canadians had i'm pretty sure will have good players next season...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw on NHL Network last night that the Leafs named Phaneuf captain...I could have swore I read about that happening in April...

Mooche

Reaction score
Hmm. Not totally sure if they did or not. I thought they gave him the "A", along with a few others but nobody officially had the "C". Always like Dion, thought that Calgary made a bonehead move trading him away for the price that they did.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw on NHL Network last night that the Leafs named Phaneuf captain...I could have swore I read about that happening in April...
Well they had to do this to make Phaneuf happy in T-Dot lol.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mats Sundin should come back, he's our true captain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%