28, Panthers - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Semenholes
29. Patriots - Dee Ford, Auburn
30. 49ers - Bradley Roby, OSU*
31. Broncos - Xavier Sua-Filo, UCLA
32. Seahawks - Stephon Tuitt, DE, ND

wilmyers

Reaction score
Not bad, not bad.

I believe whomever trades up to #2 overall does so to specifically draft Clowney.  I think you've got Anthony Barr waaay too low, (he's Clowney's consolation prize), and there's no way Cleveland wastes their 1st on Carr when they can easily get him in the 2nd.  

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are so many teams looking hard at Carr. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up going 5th to Oakland.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't see us going safety after signing Ihedigbo.
Though I wouldn't mind.

wilmyers

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
There are so many teams looking hard at Carr. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up going 5th to Oakland.

I think Oakland is content with Schaub in the short term and if it doesnt work out, they'll be one of a few pining for Mariotta in 2015.  

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Only gripe really is that I don't think Ealy fits the Ravens 3-4 because he can't drop into coverage

Unless you plan on having him with almost no snaps in his career, or you plan on getting rid of Sizzle or dropping Suggs into coverage, it's not a great move.

They probably go Mosley or, the probably not intentional leftover from this mock, OT Zach Martin

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
wilmyers said:
Not bad, not bad.

I believe whomever trades up to #2 overall does so to specifically draft Clowney.  I think you've got Anthony Barr waaay too low, (he's Clowney's consolation prize), and there's no way Cleveland wastes their 1st on Carr when they can easily get him in the 2nd.  
All 3 statements are just wrong

1. Bucs need someone to take attention away from VJax. Mike Evans doesn't fit them, because he's too similar to Jackson. Cooks/ODB is too big of a reach to take at 7. Either trade down for ODB, or up for Watkins, who is exceptional

2. Barr is not the consolation prize, at all. In fact, they are opposites actually. Barr is a 3-4 OLB speed rusher that can't play 4-3 DE. Clowney is a 4-3 DE bull rusher that can't play 3-4 OLB nearly as effective. Khalil Mack, then Ealy, then Dee Ford, is the consolation for Clowney. Barr should go anywhere from 17-32

3. Carr could easily be drafted in the 1st. Zona could grab him, JAX can trade up and get him. If you feel like he's the franchise QB, you take him when you can

wilmyers

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
All 3 statements are just wrong

1. Bucs need someone to take attention away from VJax. Mike Evans doesn't fit them, because he's too similar to Jackson. Cooks/ODB is too big of a reach to take at 7. Either trade down for ODB, or up for Watkins, who is exceptional

2. Barr is not the consolation prize, at all. In fact, they are opposites actually. Barr is a 3-4 OLB speed rusher that can't play 4-3 DE. Clowney is a 4-3 DE bull rusher that can't play 3-4 OLB nearly as effective. Khalil Mack, then Ealy, then Dee Ford, is the consolation for Clowney. Barr should go anywhere from 17-32

3. Carr could easily be drafted in the 1st. Zona could grab him, JAX can trade up and get him. If you feel like he's the franchise QB, you take him when you can
Wrong in your opinion...

You make a strong argument for the Bucs drafting Sammy Watkins, of which I agree.  But like I said, whomever trades up to 2nd overall will be doing so to snag Clowney.  The Bucs will not trade up to #2 for Sammy Watkins.

Barr IS a consolation prize to Clowney because he's easily the 2nd best edge rusher in this draft class.  Whether its at DE or OLB, teams who are in need of that athleticism off the end will gladly take either of the two.  Either way, no way in hell does Barr fall to the last 1st round.  Plenty of teams still draft BPA when they're on the lock and Barr is arguably that guy from pick 5 on down.  

Carr could go in the 1st round if he stock rises more before May but at this point I believe he falls out of the first round because of the lack of teams with QB as a top need.  He definitely has 1st round talent though.  

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
Can't see us going safety after signing Ihedigbo.
Though I wouldn't mind.
agree, and we have hardons for watkins (everyone does), and evans. so i think we go evans, and then all defense.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still hope we trade up for Watkins. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Xavier Sua-Filo and Kelvin Benjamin over Lee at #26.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Only gripe really is that I don't think Ealy fits the Ravens 3-4 because he can't drop into coverage

Unless you plan on having him with almost no snaps in his career, or you plan on getting rid of Sizzle or dropping Suggs into coverage, it's not a great move.

They probably go Mosley or, the probably not intentional leftover from this mock, OT Zach Martin

What are your thoughts on Dee Ford?  I wasn't entirely sure if the Pats even needed another edge rusher.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wilmyers said:
Wrong in your opinion...

You make a strong argument for the Bucs drafting Sammy Watkins, of which I agree.  But like I said, whomever trades up to 2nd overall will be doing so to snag Clowney.  The Bucs will not trade up to #2 for Sammy Watkins.

Barr IS a consolation prize to Clowney because he's easily the 2nd best edge rusher in this draft class.  Whether its at DE or OLB, teams who are in need of that athleticism off the end will gladly take either of the two.  Either way, no way in hell does Barr fall to the last 1st round.  Plenty of teams still draft BPA when they're on the lock and Barr is arguably that guy from pick 5 on down.  

Carr could go in the 1st round if he stock rises more before May but at this point I believe he falls out of the first round because of the lack of teams with QB as a top need.  He definitely has 1st round talent though.  

The Bucs trading up was more of a creativity thing... everyone has Atlanta trading up for Clowney or someone else trading up for a quarterback.  I didn't want to put together another bland cookie-cutter mock.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:

What are your thoughts on Dee Ford?  I wasn't entirely sure if the Pats even needed another edge rusher.
the #1 and #2 players in snaps played last year defensively were DE Chandler Jones and DE Rob Ninkovich. Both played like 95-98% of the game. We need another pass rusher to make sure we don't gass them out before the playoffs

Dee Ford is super athletic, and is a hybrid pass rusher, which works in our hybrid defense. He also had a great meeting with BB & the rest of the team, and understands his value in Year 1 as a ST guy.

Ford wouldn't be my 1st choice, but I'd be very fine with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%