Idea of Gay NFL Player Bothers Michael Sam Sr

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
"Bothering him" is very different from "not accepting". 

I'm sure tons of NFL players and coaches will be "bothered" by the idea of having a homosexual in the locker room. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is. 

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
elcheato said:
And didn't he disclose of his sexual orientation in a team building exercise when they were all asked to tell each other something about them they wouldn't expect? One would assume his coaches were present during that, and one way or another they were gonna find out from one his team mates if they weren't.

I have no idea. I honestly didn't even read about this story until this little debate with you because I honestly couldn't care less. 

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
People are bothered by changes. That's just a normal reaction. I don't see anything malicious from his dad's comments. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
guru said:
"Bothering him" is very different from "not accepting". 

I'm sure tons of NFL players and coaches will be "bothered" by the idea of having a homosexual in the locker room. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is. 
I think it's pretty close, and if he actually had a say, judging from his comments, my guess is he wouldn't accept gays into the league. Could be wrong, and I wish I was, probably not though.

And him saying he's "old school" as an excuse, is such bullshit. If that kind of mindset was universally accepted, blacks would still be slaves because that's "the way it was" for people growing up around that time.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I think it's pretty close, and if he actually had a say, judging from his comments, my guess is he wouldn't accept gays into the league. Could be wrong, and I wish I was, probably not though.

And him saying he's "old school" as an excuse, is such bullshit. If that kind of mindset was universally accepted, blacks would still be slaves because that's "the way it was" for people growing up around that time.

Being "old school" isn't a mindset lol. I think he's simply referring to the fact that he's never seen (or been oblivious to) people being openly gay "in the old school".

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He described himself as old school, and then said a gay player would bother him. That constitutes as a mind set. He used that as his reasoning.

Steez

Reaction score
What an incredible debate. This is more entertaining than Olympic figure skating. Now THAT'S gay.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
elcheato said:
He described himself as old school, and then said a gay player would bother him. That constitutes as a mind set. He used that as his reasoning.

Like I said before, I'm sure it would bother a ton of people from his generation. It's something they aren't used to. It's change.

I'm just repeating myself here. You're set on making his dad look like an asshole when he's really just resistant to change. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you're already eating at a Denny's and then decide you have to drink at an Applebees of all places because your son is gay, you probably are an asshole

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
applebeas has a grill open until 2am and cheap drinks at night.

i drink there with my peeps sometimes.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
applebeas has a grill open until 2am and cheap drinks at night.

i drink there with my peeps sometimes.

plus half off appetizers after 10... niggas be sleeping on applebees

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
their fried green beans are fucking delish

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
word. that queso blanco is amazing too. And I usually dont even like queso 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm with ya on the appetizers, wouldn't touch much else

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
applebees is the best place to meet chicks, too.

TTN2810

Reaction score
lol, this thread took a turn for the hilarious

Steez

Reaction score
Lmfao Applebee's, diverting intense debates one night at a time.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The horrible part of this story though is that this man has 2 (and another one believed to be) dead children, and two more in jail, yet he still has a problem with his university grad soon to be NFL player son, just because he is "a man and woman type of guy." How about you just be there for your son, man. He turned out pretty awesome, no thanks to you apparently. Be there for your son, that should be the most important thing in his life. 

No wonder he shared with his teammates and coaches first.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Does he really know deacon Jones would give a shit? Bringing up deacon Jones turning in his grave just pisses me off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%