Jaguars Re-Sign Blake Bortles

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Per Schefty-

Jaguars are giving QB Blake Bortles a new three-year, $54 million deal, worth up to $66.5M with incentives, that includes $26.5M guaranteed, tying him to Jacksonville through the 2020 season, per source.

BNC

Reaction score
This team is so close to winning a Super Bowl and they decide to do this? So stupid

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going cheap(er) at the position in order to lock up guys like Ramsey long term. This is the path I hope the Vikings do not take. I would like to resign guys in 2019 but I’d rather get the right QB to win it all in 2018.

CoachAF

Reaction score
On one hand, I laughed out loud when I first read this. I think we have seen his ceiling. OTOH, 3 years and 54 million is actually a cheap deal for a starting NFL QB who has taken his team to the AFC Championship. He didnt have his best WR last season. That's a big deal. The money saved on him can be used to lock up their league-best defense. If he can just be Joe Flacco, then they can make some waves for the next 3 years with that defense. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, this isn't a huge deal. This is standard QB stuff. This isn't a long term commitment, and this is a better option than sifting through the FA market for a different bridge 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%