Gabbert vs Locker vs Newton vs Ponder

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
SMH.

Why are 30% of people here on SI clueless?

Mooche

Reaction score
Titans line >>>>>>>>> Vikings line
Yes, this.

Roos is more talented than anything the Vikings have on that front. It's really not even close.

Locker is going to struggle early on because he's going to be essentially forced into the role. His accuracy issues aren't ready to deal right away with the NFL game.

TTN2810

Reaction score
His accuracy is fine.
He played in an offense with not a lot of high percentage throws, where as most of the QB's, most notably Ponder, throught a ton of passes off the line which boosted his %. Not only did he not get a lot of high percentage throws, he had to throw a lot of balls away too.

Locker, this year, will have something he's never had. Talent around. With that said:

1. Kaepernick
2. Gabbert
3. Locker
4. Dalton
5. Ponder
6. Newton

That's how I see the careers playing out. Kaepernick has the best situation, being able to sit as long as he needs, and he has so much upside.
I do love Ponder, but real bad situation he's going to there IMO. Aging defense, and a diva WR won't help his young career any. Rice was Harvin anyways.

Gabbert will also be able to sit, but regardless, even if he wouldn't have to sit, I'd still have him #2.

Dalton is in a fantastic situation as well, but without elite talent, he won't ever be elite, but he'll be in the Romo range.

And Newton will fail. Plain and simple. Dumb as a stone, and he's in a bad situation. I still LOL that he said 'go on a vacation' when he was asked what he was gonna do after he got drafted. Fail.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
His accuracy is fine.
He played in an offense with not a lot of high percentage throws, where as most of the QB's, most notably Ponder, throught a ton of passes off the line which boosted his %. Not only did he not get a lot of high percentage throws, he had to throw a lot of balls away too.

Locker, this year, will have something he's never had. Talent around. With that said:

1. Kaepernick
2. Gabbert
3. Locker
4. Dalton
5. Ponder
6. Newton

That's how I see the careers playing out. Kaepernick has the best situation, being able to sit as long as he needs, and he has so much upside.
I do love Ponder, but real bad situation he's going to there IMO. Aging defense, and a diva WR won't help his young career any. Rice was Harvin anyways.

Gabbert will also be able to sit, but regardless, even if he wouldn't have to sit, I'd still have him #2.

Dalton is in a fantastic situation as well, but without elite talent, he won't ever be elite, but he'll be in the Romo range.

And Newton will fail. Plain and simple. Dumb as a stone, and he's in a bad situation. I still LOL that he said 'go on a vacation' when he was asked what he was gonna do after he got drafted. Fail.
Gabbert isn't going to sit.

Regardless of what people say.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
His accuracy is fine.

1. Kaepernick
2. Gabbert
3. Locker
4. Dalton
5. Ponder
6. Newton

If we have a QB that wins games but isn't mentioned with the elite, I'm more than fine with that. There's guys that win games but aren't mentioned at the top.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Carson was mentioned with the 'Elite' at one point in his career, which was short lived and we didn't win many games. You got a guy like Joe Flacco, who isn't mentioned with the elite, who takes his team to the playoffs pretty much every year. Same with Mark Sanchez, granted they have a great defense, he's more of a game manager, except for the INT's, lol. Either way, what we had wasn't working so I'm excited to see what the future brings.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He'll sit for at least 4 games IMO.
Gabbert will come into Training Camp. Get the veterans rallied around him. (Marcedes Lewis doesn't even like Garrard and admitted in a recent interview during the draft that he thinks Garrard is a "bad" QB, and "Garbage" but a good guy)

He'll go into preseason, and He'll shine when put in. (Just like Bradford, Sanchez did) Garrard never shines in Preseason, always looks like he shaking rust off of him.

Preseason will end, Gabbert will be named the Starter and Garrard will be cut with Luke McCown as his backup (Signed him to a new contract this offseason). Garrard is on the books for 8 million, hes not gonna take a pay cut when he could start somewhere else like Washington. He'll be cut. Gabbert is going to get a hefty amount for being the 10th overall pick, even with a rookie Cap. You don't sit that. Especially since we TRADED UP for him.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Gabbert will come into Training Camp. Get the veterans rallied around him. (Marcedes Lewis doesn't even like Garrard and admitted in a recent interview during the draft that he thinks Garrard is a "bad" QB, and "Garbage" but a good guy)

He'll go into preseason, and He'll shine when put in. (Just like Bradford, Sanchez did) Garrard never shines in Preseason, always looks like he shaking rust off of him.

Preseason will end, Gabbert will be named the Starter and Garrard will be cut with Luke McCown as his backup (Signed him to a new contract this offseason). Garrard is on the books for 8 million, hes not gonna take a pay cut when he could start somewhere else like Washington. He'll be cut. Gabbert is going to get a hefty amount for being the 10th overall pick, even with a rookie Cap. You don't sit that. Especially since we TRADED UP for him.
We better not end up with Garrard or I'll go on a rampage.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Lol Sanchez only won because of that defense; he's an awful QB

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lol Sanchez only won because of that defense; he's an awful QB
If you were as smart as you go around boasting about.

Sanchez was in a QB competition as a rookie with Kellen Clemons.

First preseason game against the Rams I believe, Kellen came in and did terrible.

Sanchez came in and lit up David Clowney for a 50+ yard bomb. Then lead them down to field to score. Took the QB starting Job from there.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
This is why I don't want Chad OR T.O. back.........

And then... you have this

What in the shiz is that?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
This one is worse than all of them...

:huh2: :headsmack:

Someone, please explain what he seen there.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this about the 4 QBs listed in the topic though.

Everybody hated the Locker pick, but from what i've seen on other forums.

Alot of people think hes the best QB in this class, do I see it? Not yet.

Can it happen? Maybe.

I think the Gabbert vs Locker rivalry will be a good one though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%