Will Grier Transferring from Florida

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
QB Will Grier is transferring from #UF source tells @FoxSports. The former Gator starter met with the staff last week.

-@BruceFeldmanCFB
WTF is going on in college football with all the transfers!? Given the success of the Gators before he was suspended, I'm pretty shocked he's opting to leave and sit out a year.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
WTF is going on in college football with all the transfers!? Given the success of the Gators before he was suspended, I'm pretty shocked he's opting to leave and sit out a year.
Well he's suspended until October regardless because of his positive steroid test

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Well he's suspended until October regardless because of his positive steroid test
Yep. He'll now have to sit out a year and then serve the remainder of his suspension. I believe he owes 6 more games.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
Yep. He'll now have to sit out a year and then serve the remainder of his suspension. I believe he owes 6 more games.
His suspension wasn't game based. It was 1 calendar year. He won't miss any more time

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
His suspension wasn't game based. It was 1 calendar year. He won't miss any more time
Everything I've read indicates he wouldn't have been eligible to come back until the 7th week of next season....but I guess that makes sense either way. If he sits out next year then he's obviously surpassing the one calendar year. My question is whether or not the NCAA will count that time. Sitting out due to a transfer seems almost like circumventing the other half of his drug suspension.

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
7th week of next season would be 1 calendar year...would it not? That would be why everything you read said that lol

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
CP3MVP said:
7th week of next season would be 1 calendar year...would it not? That would be why everything you read said that lol
You're not getting the point though. I don't believe the NCAA will allow him to serve his suspension while already sitting out a season due to transfer. I could be wrong.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
You're not getting the point though. I don't believe the NCAA will allow him to serve his suspension while already sitting out a season due to transfer. I could be wrong.
I don't see why they would be allowed to suspend him extra time. The punishment called for a calendar year. He'll be meeting that requirement.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
I don't see why they would be allowed to suspend him extra time. The punishment called for a calendar year. He'll be meeting that requirement.
Because one is a suspension, the other is a sit out rule. Does sitting out for transfer count as "time served" for drug suspension?

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
Because one is a suspension, the other is a sit out rule. Does sitting out for transfer count as "time served" for drug suspension?
Yeah it does.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Florida won't allow Grier to transfer to other SEC schools and its being reported schools like FSU and Miami are also barred. Local jocks in Florida were talking about the fact Grier hasn't been with the team since being suspended, although he was/has been permitted to practice with the team. Grier apparently isn't in McElwain's long term plans and many saw this transfer coming regardless.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
How do you know that?
Because TONS of players get suspended and go to a JUCO for a year and come back to FBS and never serve any additional suspensions

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
Florida won't allow Grier to transfer to other SEC schools and its being reported schools like FSU and Miami are also barred. Local jocks in Florida were talking about the fact Grier hasn't been with the team since being suspended, although he was/has been permitted to practice with the team. Grier apparently isn't in McElwain's long term plans and many saw this transfer coming regardless.
Will Grier will end up going to one of the North Carolina schools. Personally I expect NC State or Wake Forest to be the to likeliest destinations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%