Ryan, Sparano Split On Tebow's Role

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CORTLAND — Nearly every aspect of Tim Tebow’s presence on the Jets has been scrutinized and analyzed by media coverage that has been supersized.

But one intriguing, new possibility came up after the Jets’ 17-6 loss to the Bengals in Friday’s preseason opener. Cincinnati pressured the Jets all night and had five sacks, with the only effective offense coming when Tebow was scrambling away from the rush.

So could Tebow be given a larger role in the offense during the regular season if the Jets’ pass protection falters due to his escape-ability?

“We’re open to anything,” coach Rex Ryan said.

Before anyone gets carried away, it should be pointed out offensive coordinator Tony Sparano was not as amenable to the idea. He cut off the question before it was finished being asked, and then mimicked someone fishing to the reporter who asked it.

“No, not in that situation,” Sparano said. “Mark Sanchez scrambled for a first down the other day, too, which I was impressed with. Mark is a good athlete and he is our quarterback. I thought he has been playing well right now for us, and I don’t see that kind of scenario at all out there.”

GoneYard

Reaction score
This is unbelievable. Somebody within the organization made an impulse buy on Tebow (probably Tannenbaum) and now the Jets are struggling to find ways to cram him onto the field w/o looking like their taking anything away from Sanchez.

I can't remember the last time a team was wrong about 2 quarterbacks in 1 offseason.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard a quote the other day, if you have two quarterbacks that means you don't have a quarterback.

Couldn't agree more.

GoneYard

Reaction score
I heard a quote the other day, if you have two quarterbacks that means you don't have a quarterback.

Couldn't agree more.
That's a sad statement. Once upon a time, most teams in the NFL had legit QB capable of making starts and winning games if the #1 guy went down. This philosophy is what made guys like Steve Young and Jeff Hostetler into champions.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
also this jets mystery shit on espn is fuckin hilarious

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more.
You never heard that until the other day?

I heard that 3000 times last season alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%