Premier League Discussion

Stray32

Reaction score
Not sure how many people here currently follow it but figured we needed a place for it just in case and also if we get new members who follow it. I personally am a Man City fan (and have been for years), good season so far and glad we kept Yaya, would have been really upset if we lost him. I'd kill to get Pep Guardiola, at one point heard he verbally agreed but now heard that Bayern offered him $18M so we'll see what happens

I also have thought/still think it's gonna be a 2-team race this year, could see a dark horse 3rd team in the race but I don't think it'll be ManU or Leicester

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Watch the Prem every Sunday morning before the NFL comes on or if Dortmund doesn't have a Sunday morning game. I'm personally a BVB fan in the Bundesliga and really don't have a preferred club in the BPL. I prefer the BPL over other league's because the league is rather balanced and anyone can beat anyone. Leagues like the Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 are run by 1 or 2 teams. Just a HUGE fan of the sport!

Stray32

Reaction score
TYBG for Aguero

Fuck Liverpool

47th oG

Reaction score
Manchester United are preparing a move for Sadio Mane in January, sources tell ESPN FC. He scored 10 Premier League goals in 26 games last season and has already netted six in all competitions for Southampton this season. He won't come easily

Stray32

Reaction score
Sanchez41 said:
So since 2010?
Yes actually, I never watched the sport at all in HS but got really into it in college (which started fall 2010 for me) in large part because I started actually playing it relatively frequently and living with a fraternity brother who's been a big Barca fan since the 90s so we'd watch soccer and play FIFA all the time as well. Yaya Toure was one of my two favorite players ... and the other was Sergio Aguero, so as you can imagine when that happened I went from casual fan to strong one

Welcome to the site, who's your team? And thanks for getting this thread going again

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Yes actually, I never watched the sport at all in HS but got really into it in college (which started fall 2010 for me) in large part because I started actually playing it relatively frequently and living with a fraternity brother who's been a big Barca fan since the 90s so we'd watch soccer and play FIFA all the time as well. Yaya Toure was one of my two favorite players ... and the other was Sergio Aguero, so as you can imagine when that happened I went from casual fan to strong one

Welcome to the site, who's your team? And thanks for getting this thread going again
[video=youtube;ko5jBnTn9hU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko5jBnTn9hU[/video]

Sanchez41

R.I.P SWISH
Reaction score
Stray32 said:

My favorite team is NYRB, buy my favorite European team is Juve.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Sanchez41 said:
the MLS sucks bro, get a life you fag.

Stray32

Reaction score
Sanchez41 said:
I can get behind that, I like Juve and love Pogba ... also thanks for choking to Sevilla

tbuc

Reaction score
47th oG said:
Late, but Chelsea fired Mourinho
It'll be interesting to see how much longer United will hang onto LVG. Can't image he'll be around if they drop points to either Stoke or Chelsea.

Some pretty exciting matches tomorrow...
Stoke v. Manchester United - If United drop points, will van Gaal still have a job? He will be without his two holding midfielders as Schweinsteiger is servicing a suspension and Schneiderlin being a injury doubt. That is the least of LvG's worries, however. How will score goals? Rooney and Depay have both played in 13 EPL matches this season, and have only scored 2 goals apiece. Martial and Mata seem to be most likely option as the pair have found the back of the net four times each.

Chelsea v. Watford - This should be a fun one. Watford have won four straight matches and currently sit in seventh in the league, as Chelsea struggle and are just three points above the relegation zone.

Liverpool v. Leicester - It's hard to bet against Leicester at this point. On the other side, Liverpool have on recorded one point for its last three and can afford to drop even more points if they want to keep their European dreams alive.

Manchester City v. Sunderland - At this point it looks like a battle between City and Arsenal for the title. It's pretty clear at this point that City have missed Kompany in the center of their defense. With this being his first game back The Citizens should win this one with ease.

Southampton v. Arsenal - Are Arsenal legit title contenders? Right now you'd have to say 'yes', but this isn't the first time they've been in this position. The Gunners always seen to struggle against The Saints as they only recorded one point against the team from the south coast last season.

47th oG

Reaction score
tbuc said:
It'll be interesting to see how much longer United will hang onto LVG. Can't image he'll be around if they drop points to either Stoke or Chelsea.

Some pretty exciting matches tomorrow...
Stoke v. Manchester United - If United drop points, will van Gaal still have a job? He will be without his two holding midfielders as Schweinsteiger is servicing a suspension and Schneiderlin being a injury doubt. That is the least of LvG's worries, however. How will score goals? Rooney and Depay have both played in 13 EPL matches this season, and have only scored 2 goals apiece. Martial and Mata seem to be most likely option as the pair have found the back of the net four times each.

Chelsea v. Watford - This should be a fun one. Watford have won four straight matches and currently sit in seventh in the league, as Chelsea struggle and are just three points above the relegation zone.

Liverpool v. Leicester - It's hard to bet against Leicester at this point. On the other side, Liverpool have on recorded one point for its last three and can afford to drop even more points if they want to keep their European dreams alive.

Manchester City v. Sunderland - At this point it looks like a battle between City and Arsenal for the title. It's pretty clear at this point that City have missed Kompany in the center of their defense. With this being his first game back The Citizens should win this one with ease.

Southampton v. Arsenal - Are Arsenal legit title contenders? Right now you'd have to say 'yes', but this isn't the first time they've been in this position. The Gunners always seen to struggle against The Saints as they only recorded one point against the team from the south coast last season.
Swansea won 1-0 :D

tbuc

Reaction score
47th oG said:
Swansea won 1-0 :D
Who? haha

Sp*rs got lucky. Ake was given a very harsh red card. And in the 89th minutes Son put away the winner.

tbuc

Reaction score
Gabriel just his first Arsenal goal. Congrats to him!

tbuc

Reaction score
We're halfway though the season and it sure as hell has been a fun one. Unlike like in the French league, where PSG are 19 points clear of second place Monaco, the EPL is very tight at the top. Arsenal are currently sitting at the top of the table, but only by goal differential. Manchester City are just three points behind Arsenal and Leicester. Also making a serious push for a Champions League spot is Tottenham who are one point behind Manchester City and four clear of Palace who are in 5th. The fight for the Europa League spot is very tight. Palace are currently in that spot with 31 points. However, Manchester United and Liverpool are just one point back and sitting just two points off are Watford, West Ham, and Stoke.

Here are the three big questions, for me, as we start the second half of the season...

1. Who will win the league?
This is obviously the biggest question. To me it's a three way race between Arsenal, Leicester City, and Manchester City. I would have to say Arsenal are the slight favorites (God it would be amazing if we won). Man City are too inconsistency are way to weak at the back. It would be a crazy, unreal story if Leicester could hold on, but can they stay healthy and this consistent for 19 more games? I just don't see it.

2. Where will Manchester United finish?
They're nine points back of Arsenal for first. But, to me they are no longer title contenders. No way they can pass all three, if any, of those teams listed above. At this point I'd think van Gaal should be looking to finish in third in hopes he can avoid having to quality of the Champions League. I think United finishing in third is a likely task. I don't see Tottenham spending the money to bring in any real impact players, and in fairness why would they? While United are in desperate need of reinforcements. Felipe Anderson has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford. The Brazilian would be a great fit as the Red Devils are in need of some more creativity in the attack.

3. Where will Chelsea finish?
It would be a dream season as an Arsenal fan if we won the league and watched the Blues get relegated all in the same season, but I just don't see the latter happening. They are only three points clear of Newcastle who sit in 18th, however. As talented as this team is, they just haven't been clicking. Fabregas and Matic have been inconsistent at best, Costa can't seen the find the back of the net and Hazard actually is yet to score a goal this season.

tbuc

Reaction score
Well Arsenal played like absolute shit today, yet we still escaped will three points.

47th oG

Reaction score
tbuc said:
Well Arsenal played like absolute shit today, yet we still escaped will three points.
Manchester United beat Swansea 2-1

47th oG

Reaction score
[MENTION=138]tbuc[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Stray32[/MENTION] [MENTION=35]RunSoHard[/MENTION]

tbuc

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how long we can stay on top. Wenger needs to added another holding midfielder and a striker. Big win by United as they're now two points back of Sp*rs. Chelsea are now three points clear of the relegation zone! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%