Tony Stewart Runs Over Dirt Track Driver, Kevin Ward Jr Is Dead

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
King Rawky said:
i just don't see why tony would have motive to run him down.

I just could see him trying to scare the kid, like don't you be doing this kind of thing. You just never know with Tony, he is a hot head. It might just have been him trying to get a point across and it went wrong. Who knows, only he does. Like I said, at this point, it's all speculation. One thing we all know, a young kid got killed and there's no repairing that or changing it. A car under his control hit him, he's definitely part to blame regardless of intention. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's what I've heard too.  Trying to scare him, sling dirt on him, etc.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's just sad all around. I hate seeing a young kid get killed, in a situation that didn't have to happen. That's the thing that bothers me the most, everyone is about taking sides, who to blame. A life was lost, give him and his family some respect. If he did this or didn't do this doesn't matter at this point. 

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just like Benagle said.  I think Tony was trying to scare him, saw him, and pushed the throttle.  He didn't mean to hit him or course, but he end up doing it.   Now I think this falls into manslaughter, but I have no real idea what it is considered within the law if they probe into the accident and find out if that's what Tony really did. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
From everything I read, Tony hitting the throttle was party of the maneuver to swerve.

I don't think he's stupid enough to try to "scare" the guy on a poorly lit dirt track

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
50% say he hit the throttle to avoid 50% say he hit the throttle to run him over.

survey says? 75% of those people don't know what the fuck a sprint car is.

just like most news these days this is gonna blow over as soon as something else happens.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Yes, hitting the throttle was undoubtedly in an attempt to steer away from the kid at the last second. You steer a sprint car with the throttle because of the size difference in the back two tires. 

Anyway, here's the view from the seat of a sprint car:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%