NASCAR Discussion Thread

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Ahhh! I wish Jeff would have gotten the pole.. Oh well, great start to the season!

Go Jeff!

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great Front Row if I say so myself.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeff will be in the second duel, correct? I got class Thursday and I get out at 1:45, so I'll be home around 2:10 or so. Maybe I won't miss any of the first race.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Jeff will be in the second duel, correct? I got class Thursday and I get out at 1:45, so I'll be home around 2:10 or so. Maybe I won't miss any of the first race.
That is correct. Jeff will be in the second duel on Thursday.

He also will not have any teammates, all three of his teammates are in the first duel.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

You get a trophy for everything in Nascar nowadays lol

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because they are very skilled drivers, thats why :p

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see Jr. wrecked his car in practice today, no pole for him.

Am I right that whoever wins the first duel race tomorrow will actually be the guy to start on the pole? As in he'll be the one leading the field down and he decides when to go? That kind of pisses me off because the driver who qualifies second should move into the pole spot. There is no reason to start the guy who actually won qualifying at the front of the field and have him go to the back during pace laps.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I see Jr. wrecked his car in practice today, no pole for him.

Am I right that whoever wins the first duel race tomorrow will actually be the guy to start on the pole? As in he'll be the one leading the field down and he decides when to go? That kind of pisses me off because the driver who qualifies second should move into the pole spot. There is no reason to start the guy who actually won qualifying at the front of the field and have him go to the back during pace laps.
That is correct.

I agree with you completely, it is wrong but the top 2 spots were locked in for the 500 so that is why.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That is correct.

I agree with you completely, it is wrong but the top 2 spots were locked in for the 500 so that is why.
Why don't they just switch the top two qualifiers after the pole sitter drops to the back during pace laps? That surely couldn't be too difficult.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Why don't they just switch the top two qualifiers after the pole sitter drops to the back during pace laps? That surely couldn't be too difficult.
They like being difficult.

Now Jeff just hit the wall in the Duel, may have to go to the back & backup car, nothing has been confirmed yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%