Official MMA Talk Thread

bodawg

Reaction score
Hope your kidding. Rampage is a WAY Smarter and better fighter. Forrest is a better coach though. :p
Not at all. I think I'm going to have to bring Keith to talk some sense into you noobs.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
actually, if you go by experience, Rampage is far superior - especially dating back to his Pride days. He's "smarter" mainly due to his coaches - he relies on them ALOT.

Forrest, however, as shown by his coaching skills on TUF, is able to adjust quicker during the matches. I do think Rampage is better prepared for each match, though

o0Cochise0o

Reaction score
Page is a wrestler at heart and skill. He has beastly skills at pure power. But thats it...he has little ground game. He knows how to TKO guys, but not how to beat them on the ground. Forrest however can own guys on the ground. He may not be as good as Page standing, If Forrest can mount top, it is his match.

bodawg

Reaction score
He's a better striker as well. Rampage just hits a lot harder.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Page is a wrestler at heart and skill. He has beastly skills at pure power. But thats it...he has little ground game. He knows how to TKO guys, but not how to beat them on the ground. Forrest however can own guys on the ground. He may not be as good as Page standing, If Forrest can mount top, it is his match.
Please, Rampage has good ground game. He is a wrestler.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thoughts on last TUF episode:

Jesse Taylor is not a good fighter...he is just stronger and holds people down til the time runs out. I really wanted Tim to win, but Tim couldn't execute any submissions.

Thoughts on next episode:

I really want Amir to win, because like Forrest said, CB is too cocky. But CB will win. And for the fighter who punches out the window...it has to be Jesse. I mean look at CB and Jesse, and who is the one doing most of the stupid stuff around the house??? Its Jesse, he gets drinking a little too much, gets angry and boom punches out the window. I'm just wondering who will come back to fight CB in the finals? Matt Brown maybe? That would be cool, or maybe Tim who was the next one in line after Jesse.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thoughts on last TUF episode:

Jesse Taylor is not a good fighter...he is just stronger and holds people down til the time runs out. I really wanted Tim to win, but Tim couldn't execute any submissions.

Thoughts on next episode:

I really want Amir to win, because like Forrest said, CB is too cocky. But CB will win. And for the fighter who punches out the window...it has to be Jesse. I mean look at CB and Jesse, and who is the one doing most of the stupid stuff around the house??? Its Jesse, he gets drinking a little too much, gets angry and boom punches out the window. I'm just wondering who will come back to fight CB in the finals? Matt Brown maybe? That would be cool, or maybe Tim who was the next one in line after Jesse.
I doubt the punching of the window is going to be anyone that's in the finals.

But I really think that CB will win it. He is just too quick on the ground, even for Jesse. He just needs to learn to look for the submission, instead of the ground and pound.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I think CB will win it all to. But i'm just rooting for Amir.

Oh and it has to be someone from the finals. If you watched the preview it says that they are out of the finals and out of the UFC.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I think CB will win it all to. But i'm just rooting for Amir.

Oh and it has to be someone from the finals. If you watched the preview it says that they are out of the finals and out of the UFC.
I thought he said someone was out of the finale.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it was finals...not sure...I'll go watch again. Its on UFC.com

EDIT: Yep he did say finale...hmmm. I still think Jesse or the red head would be most likely.

djhipp

Reaction score
I think and hope its Jesse, i dont want him to win the whole thing. I'm hoping CB wins this, especially since Matt Brown is gone damn that Amir and his crazyness.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hahaha I love Amir. He's awesome. But I don't like Jesse (JTMoney either). It really wouldn't surprise me if he does get kicked out, the guy is an idiot. Can't believe he has a kid to.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The last episode of TUF was AMAZING!!!!!!! First Amir beating CB which was an incredible upset! Wow, Amir is just awesome. Also I nailed it right on saying that Jesse would get kicked off, idiots like that should not be allowed on the show even. Then they bring CB and Tim back (the 2 guys they should of brought back) and had them fight for replacing Jesse. That was an amazing fight. I thought Tim won actually, but I guess those take-downs and kicks really hurt Tim (score wise).

Can't wait for the finale! I'm rooting for Amir of course. Sure he has a pretty silly mullet, but the guy is classy, he is funny, and isn't crazily cocky like CB.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree that Tim got screwed on the decision.. He definitely did not lose all 3 rounds -- crapola.

but, he got paid and is fighting Cale on the finale. Diego is fighting on the finale, too!!

anyway.. you guys see that Anderson Silva moved up a weight class?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard he might. I also heard Dana said he doesn't like when people move weight classes. He would rather have them stay and dominate, rather than float around.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no he already has -- he's fighting July 19th in the 205 weight class...
and Penn is supposed to move up again to try and fight GSP

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree that Tim got screwed on the decision.. He definitely did not lose all 3 rounds -- crapola.

but, he got paid and is fighting Cale on the finale. Diego is fighting on the finale, too!!

anyway.. you guys see that Anderson Silva moved up a weight class?
CB didn't win all 3, but to me it was a pretty clear 2-1. CB lost the first, but won the last two in my eyes.

But Silva moving classes might mean a Rampage vs Silva, and I can't wait for that.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Amir is your ultimate fighter, and it was well deserved. Not only did he make CB submit once, he did it twice. He really reminds me of Forrest. A guy that is tough as crap, and makes the best of his situations. Also he's a funny dude.

He is one of my favorites from this season, (with Matt Brown, and CB)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%