• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

Already reported, but figured I'd make a thread on it. I think it's a decent trade even though Eovaldi isn't the greatest pitcher. He's a back end of the rotation guy when we need stronger pitching overall.
<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>READ THE FINE PRINT</strong></span></p>

#2 OFFLINE   Carson

Carson

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

A couple of TJ surgeries but Eovaldi knows the division very well. Beeks has future stud status though. Won't be long and we'll see him lighting up hitters from the bullpen in Tampa. Red Sox are clearly in "win now" mode though and they need rotation depth in the worst way. Pomeranz is trash, Price is still wishy-washy, and E-Rod's ankle is f-d up.

Case-Keenum2_zpsxnxnwn61.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:30 AM

A couple of TJ surgeries but Eovaldi knows the division very well. Beeks has future stud status though. Won't be long and we'll see him lighting up hitters from the bullpen in Tampa. Red Sox are clearly in "win now" mode though and they need rotation depth in the worst way. Pomeranz is trash, Price is still wishy-washy, and E-Rod's ankle is f-d up.

E-Rod has never been consistently good in his career. Has great stuff but never puts it all together.

Edited by PWNdroia, 26 July 2018 - 06:30 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>READ THE FINE PRINT</strong></span></p>

#4 OFFLINE   catman

catman

• 730 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

Eovaldi has great stuff, but sometimes he allows the situation to get to him.  I hope he does well in Boston, and the fans don't get on him too much when he doesn't have his "A" game.  

#5 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Eovaldi has great stuff, but sometimes he allows the situation to get to him.  I hope he does well in Boston, and the fans don't get on him too much when he doesn't have his "A" game.  

He's Porcello 2.0.

#6 ONLINE   .ptt81

.ptt81

Legend

• 12,649 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

He's than Pomerass. That's all I care about.

Beeks is a wild care anyways. He's young, but looked terrible in his two appearances. 

JBJ-12.03.13-PM.gif?b22247

WIN. DANCE. REPEAT.

#7 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

He's than Pomerass. That's all I care about.

Beeks is a wild care anyways. He's young, but looked terrible in his two appearances. 

I still don't know what to think of Pomeranz. Mixed feelings.

#8 OFFLINE   RN4L

RN4L

Da Nation

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

The Pomeranz deal was a bigtime bummer. He had a career season and won't replicate that, especially in the AL East.

He's OK for bullpen work but not worth what we gave up for him, hindsight or not I was against the trade from the get go. Eovaldi will be solid depth, question is does he pitch at home or on the road in the playoffs?

GM of the SI FBB Sim League Denver Nugglets

#9 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

The Pomeranz deal was a bigtime bummer. He had a career season and won't replicate that, especially in the AL East.

He's OK for bullpen work but not worth what we gave up for him, hindsight or not I was against the trade from the get go. Eovaldi will be solid depth, question is does he pitch at home or on the road in the playoffs?

His 2016 was decent too.  I think he has the stuff, it's just all about staying healthy and having control when he pitches.  ERod has the same issues, maybe to a lesser degree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 14 user(s)

Mexi, Batbyday, BironRonso, BrewCrewFan, catman, Teagz, .ptt81, bosoxlover12, RN4L, snipezo, brett05, Big Bid'Ness, The Guid, Carson

Social Media

Site Info