Legendary coach Joe Paterno to retire at end of season

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just came back from a riot, and ESPN is making this shit out to be way bigger than it really was.

This is being blown up WAY out of control. No rocks are being thrown, Tom Farrey you dumb fuck.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN's coverage of this entire story is horrendous. Shit I want to see some of this "rioting" televised

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Surprised to see the one student who spoke his mind in favor of the move, especially on air.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tom Rinaldi is actually telling it how it is... The 'riots' are very mild. No fucking rocks being thrown dumb fucks.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Assault a women (or women), run for president. Report an alleged assault on young boys to someone other than the cops, and not actually confront the alleged rapist, get fired from your job.

Only in America...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Report it to someone who isn't the police, and see that nothing has been done in the last 9 years, and still not step forward = worthy of being fired.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he has known this guy has been doing it for nine years, sure. Hell, even if that wasn't the case, do whatever you want with him. It's a terrible way for someone like him to go but I'm not emotionally invested one way or the other.

I'm simply commenting on people's "noble" "morality" which only seems to show itself when it can succeed in tearing down a prominent figure.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reading Sandusky's bio, he has at least 6 adopted children... I'm wondering if these "new allegations" that I read on twitter earlier have something to do with that.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's beyond disgusting to think about (The 6 adopted children)..

I read something about new allegations coming out soon as well, can't even imagine what they could be, considering the guy said they would horrify the public, even though I'm pretty sure everyone is horrified by the current allegations.

VC15

Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/documents/sandusky-grand-jury-report11052011.html

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20111110/NJNEWS18/311100010/Paterno-rally-morphs-into-riot-TV-news-van-toppled-State-College-Pa-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Twitter said the seniors may sit out Saturday's game to protest the firing, what a messed up situation.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm sad that Joe Pa got fired, but this had to happen.

I'm very surprised that McCleary or whatever his name is hasn't been axed yet.

As for the riots, nothing big, a flipped over car, maybe a few thrown rocks...who cares.

But all in all Joe Pa had to go. He knew about this, however vague he was told, he needed to report it to the AD and possibly the police and the President.

Somehow it seems like the AD failed in taking that info anywhere else...but I expect more people to get rolled out. They need to clean this University up.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm reading the Grand Jury Report, Sandusky bought Victim 4 weed lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry-sandusky-donors-2011-11

One could only hope that isn't true..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have changed my stance about this situation. I do believe Paterno was rightfully fired.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Mark May brought up an interesting point on ESPN earlier today. He said that when the board of trustees voted on Paterno it was unanimous to fire him. After 60 years at Penn State, not a single one was in his favor? Not one?

To me, that says there is still WAY MORE stuff that is going to eventually come out about this and it's only going to get worse.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
still don't understand how that other guy hasn't been fired too and is actually going to coach on Saturday

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't hope this story gets worst.
It's already bad enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%