Tressel resigns from Ohio State

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We won't find someone better for the job, but people will be lining up to becoming the head coach of the Buckeyes.. No doubt about that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really the only legitimate contender for the job in my eyes would be Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But another question is, where does Jim Tressel go from here? The NFL? I think he'll most likely sign on with a smaller local Ohio college.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge Tressel fan but he was a great coach. They will be fine with a guy like Urban Meyer. I'm not worried about it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really believe that Jon Gruden will be interested and we might be able to get him here. He would be a great recruiter.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Not even close to the same situation.
Oh no. I wasn't referring to it like that. I guess I should of thought about the situation first. I just meant because he's gone now. There will always be those people who will burn stuff when a player/coach/etc leaves. That was bad wording on my part.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I don't that will be the case here.. The only person in Ohio who hated Tressel was probably Ray Small.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Tressel did too many good things for OSU, I hope people show some respect in this situation and I think they will.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
The majority will show respect but there are always be those few idiots. At least that's just the feeling I have. I didn't like him, obviously, but he did great things for OSU.

As for what Tressel will do after this, i'm not sure. I do see him coaching somewhere else, not sure where. I have this feeling he'll stay in college.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are some coaches that are just far better suited for the college level. Tressel is one of them.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't know about your claim that people would be lining up to coach at OSU just yet, who knows what the sanctions will be for what they did?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sanctions or not, Ohio State is one of the best jobs to have in any sport and whatever the NCAA puts on OSU wont stop them. They're too much of a power.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sanctions or not, Ohio State is one of the best jobs to have in any sport and whatever the NCAA puts on OSU wont stop them. They're too much of a power.
Same thing was said about USC and look at them not even close to what they use to be.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They went 8-5 with a horrible coach and no motivation to get to a bowl game because of the sanctions.. They'll be back.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I'm saying Pryor gets kicked off the team...book it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%