Russell Wilson released from scholarship

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/2011/5/2/2149563/russell-wilson-transfer-nc-state-south-carolina-auburn-football

Easily the best quarterback in the ACC the past 2 years. I've been a huge fan of this kid since his freshman year. I heard South Carolina has the best shot at landing him right now if he does decide to continue his college football career.

Mooche

Reaction score
Wow, this kid was sure a talent. I love his game, and I hope for his sake he is able to continue on at another school.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Something about him not fully committing to the football program, and they have a very talented kid in Mike Glennon that they're ready to bring on as their starter.

Wilson was kind of jerking them around with baseball for the past few years.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seems like Wisconsin and Auburn, from what I have heard, have the best shots.

I hope he doesn't choose Auburn.

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
Supposedly he could decide in the next couple of weeks. He has commented, but some "sources" have said he was very impressed with his visit to Wisconsin. It will be interesting to see who he chooses.

nickps

Reaction score
It would be great for him to come to Wisconsin. QB is the only big Question mark so if he could learn the offense quickly he could make a big difference there. With him I think the Badgers would be a favorite for the Big Ten Title and a possible dark horse national title contender.

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
Wisconsin is pretty easy to learn, snap the ball, turn, hand off to Halfback. Repeat. :p

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
yep pretty much :) He could probably make some big plays with the play action though.

Very true, play-action was probably one of the most effective plays they ran with him at NC State. Just Wisconsin will set it up even better since they actually have a great running game.

nickps

Reaction score
He's coming to Wisconsin
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6708649

I'm pretty pumped, should be an interesting year.

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
I'll definitely watch Wisconsin a lot this year to see how he does. I agree it will be an interesting year for Wisconsin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%