National Champion?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Michigan of course

I don't know really. It's early, so i'll have an actual thought later. LSU pops into my head.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watching Alabama's scrimmage today. Richardson looks good. So does Phillip Sims and McCarron. Menzie is doing real good on defense to.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miamis spring game was today as well... Our QB battle is going to come down to who sucks less.

We should just run the triple option with Miller, James and Johnson until we get a QB that knows how to play football.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jacory Harris isn't cutting it? Is he still there?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watching Alabama's scrimmage today. Richardson looks good. So does Phillip Sims and McCarron. Menzie is doing real good on defense to.
Bamas secondary is extremely scary. Milliner, Kirkpatrick, Lester and Barron all have the talent to be All-SEC players. That whole defense is going to be one of the best defensive units in quite a while.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jacory Harris isn't cutting it? Is he still there?
lol, Jacory hasn't been a D1 caliber quarterback since the Georgia Tech game in 09.

But yeah, he's still there. Might as well not be, but he's there.

Mooche

Reaction score
lol, Jacory hasn't been a D1 caliber quarterback since the Georgia Tech game in 09.

But yeah, he's still there. Might as well not be, but he's there.
Noodle arm, Jacory. That's all that guy is. What a disaster. :(

But I think that Case McCoy is going to have a legit start for the starting job in Texas.

Mooche

Reaction score
Giving up on Gilbert already?
I'm not.. I really still like Gilbert, and I think we just saw the product of numbers when a guy is in the wrong system. He's the most talented QB we got on our roster.

But in reality.. Mack wants to win, and he wants to win now. He's going to play the guy he feels that can win us the games. After the Spring game, the reaction is it just might be Case McCoy leading the way.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Casey Matthews was also a big time leader on that defense. They are still going to have that explosive edge I believe, because the system they run, and they'll put up a lot of points, so they'll have to be thought about.
All the concerns with Oregon are legitimate, but I think that the concerns up front on offense are a bigger issue. They lose Bair and Clark at DT, but Ricky Heimuli is stepping in there and he's been compared to a young Haloti Ngata, and Taylor Hart is pretty similar to Clark. They lose Kenny Rowe, but his replacement is a senior and Dion Jordan's athletic as all hell and makes plays when he's rotating.

At linebacker, Matthews and Paysinger are big losses, but athletic, Mike Clay and Lokombo are ridiculous, Kaddu was a solid starter last year, and Kiko Alonso is just as physical as Matthews. Obviously their leadership is gonna be a huge thing to replace, but if that groups of dudes can replace them, the defense might even be improved (it's possible).

But offensively, they bring back 3 starters on the line, but losing Jordan Holmes at center is a problem and his replacement, whoever it is, is gonna be pretty inexperienced. And their biggest, most underestimated loss is gonna be at receiver. Maehl and Davis were tough, clutch, phenomenal blockers and great route runners, and Huff and Tuinei made a lot of plays last year, but they're going to have to carry the load on their own and replace that leadership. The dropoff at the third and fourth receivers could be considerable, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them using Barner and Lamichael at the same time more often, plus using multiple tight end sets, more because they've got three really good tight ends. Using Kenjon more will limit Lamichael's carries to an extent, but that could be huge for keeping him fresh down the stretch, cause he was carrying it almost 30 times a game while Kenjon was injured and it showed late in the regular season.

The key thing is gonna be whether or not they can gel quickly on offense and replace some of those losses on defense. They've got a shot to be that good again, but the schedule is pretty scary (LSU right away, Arizona State's supposed to be real good, Pac 12 title game, plus USC and Stanford back to back) and they've gotta maintain the focus and pace of last season. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%