Red Sox Should Build a Pitching Dynasty

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
With Stanton off to NY, I'm convinced there's no other batter that can fix our lack of offense we've had from last year, so I've been thinking we should just sign the best pitchers possible and win games by pitching rather than hitting.  There's no point to sign JD Martinez, he's not the answer.  Sign Darvish.  Sign Wade Davis.  Maybe even sign Jake Arrieta.  Let's go all out and make a pitching dynasty.  I think we have a better chance doing this than trying to compete offensively with the Yankees.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Arrietta tbh, or maybe trying to get one of the Mets starters via trade

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Past prime Arrieta and Darvish isn't the answer. That's an overreaction to the Stanton trade if Dave does that.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Overpaying for pitchers in their thirties sure has worked in the past.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Past prime Arrieta and Darvish isn't the answer. That's an overreaction to the Stanton trade if Dave does that.
Those were just examples, you might be right.  I do like Darvish though.  Point is, we need to find resources elsewhere.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Red Sox need to worry about younger players, specifically young arms. At the current rate, the Sox are going to be an expensive, aging roster within 2-3 seasons. But if Porcello can bounce back and Price and Wright can stay healthy.... pretty damn good roto for 2018.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
Red Sox need to worry about younger players, specifically young arms. At the current rate, the Sox are going to be an expensive, aging roster within 2-3 seasons. But if Porcello can bounce back and Price and Wright can stay healthy.... pretty damn good roto for 2018.
Not really.  Our position players are pretty young.

Rick Porcello will not bounce back, I can guarantee you that.  He's only had 2 good seasons, so I don't know why people think he will have another when only 2 were actually good.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Not really.  Our position players are pretty young.

Rick Porcello will not bounce back, I can guarantee you that.  He's only had 2 good seasons, so I don't know why people think he will have another when only 2 were actually good.
Now, yes, 2-3 years from now, not so much. Red Sox will have to deal with players at or just over 30 and looking for big money.
By then, David Price is a dinosaur that can’t retire soon enough. Kimbrel also long gone by then.

Red Sox should be building around Beni & Devers. Take one more shot at winning the title in 2018 and if it’s still no better than ALDS, start making like the Yankees did and gather up prospects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%