2017 MLB Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Could you imagine if someone kneeled during the anthem with Schilling on the broadcast? I'm game

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Could you imagine if someone kneeled during the anthem with Schilling on the broadcast? I'm game
They'd be leaving the stadium with a hell of a lot more than a bloody sock, brother

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I fucking hate this franchise for never spending any fucking money on pitching and getting spanked like pathetic pussies every single fucking year.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're lucky to be in the wild card to begin with.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I fucking hate this franchise for never spending any fucking money on pitching and getting spanked like pathetic pussies every single fucking year.
Chill. The team lost 103 games last year. They didn't even expect to get here as of July let alone the offseason.

This team has a really bright future, but I do agree they need to spend on a couple starters and pen arms this offseason

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Well, they're here, were spotted 3 runs, and the pitchers apparently stayed back in MSP

catman

Reaction score
The Yankees are a very good team this year and the Twins didn't have any playoff experience.  The pressure is much higher the later in October you go.  I expect the Twins young players to learn a lot from this experience.  Berrios could be an "ace" next year and Buxton should turn into the player the Twins thought they were drafting a few years back.  
Don't feel bad for the Twins.  Congratulate the Yankees, but next up for them is Cleveland.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
catman said:
The Yankees are a very good team this year and the Twins didn't have any playoff experience.  The pressure is much higher the later in October you go.  I expect the Twins young players to learn a lot from this experience.  Berrios could be an "ace" next year and Buxton should turn into the player the Twins thought they were drafting a few years back.  
Don't feel bad for the Twins.  Congratulate the Yankees, but next up for them is Cleveland.
Twins should look to add a guy like Andrew Cashner or Alex Cobb and then try to go bigger and land Lance Lynn or Darvish. Now is the time to spend some money while the young kids are cheap. They also have some solid arms that may be ready late next year, but it will be better to wait for their development and not rush them up. They could use another quality vet in that rotation

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Twins should look to add a guy like Andrew Cashner or Alex Cobb and then try to go bigger and land Lance Lynn or Darvish. Now is the time to spend some money while the young kids are cheap. They also have some solid arms that may be ready late next year, but it will be better to wait for their development and not rush them up. They could use another quality vet in that rotation
I don't think they are legit. They got here by chance.

Honestly though, I think the Rockies might upset the Diamondbacks tonight. Rockies don't get enough credit, but they have a lot of offense even for a one game playoff. They also have a winning record against the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

Honestly though, I think the Rockies might upset the Diamondbacks tonight. Rockies don't get enough credit, but they have a lot of offense even for a one game playoff. They also have a winning record against the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.
The Twins lineup is loaded with young talent. They lack starting pitching but the team can score with the best of them. They need to assemble a rotation worthy of an October run to do anything with that though. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let's hope greinke gets rocked

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

Yea I think it's a toss-up, but ya gotta give Arizona the edge with Greinke. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

I'm 99% sure the Diamondbacks went 11-8 against the Rockies this year. Did you get this stat from the same source that pegged the Yankees to win the division?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I'm 99% sure the Diamondbacks went 11-8 against the Rockies this year. Did you get this stat from the same source that pegged the Yankees to win the division?
I think you might be right. My bad if that's the case. Still, they know Arizona well enough to beat them.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know all of you probably haven't seen jon gray pitch.

Youre in for a treat if he's on. I love him
Electric

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yankees appear to be the odds on favorite in the ALDS match up

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carlos Gonzalez had a terrible year and he's still batting third in a win-or-go-home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%