Jazz Hire Jerry Sloan To Front Office Position

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hall of Fame coach will be a senior basketball adviser on a multi-year deal, the team announced Wednesday. Sloan will provide guidance to head coach Ty Corbin as well as serve as an extra set of eyes as the team evaluates potential players.

It's the second time in a month that the team has looked to its storied past in a bid to improve its future. Three weeks ago, the Jazz announced Hall of Famer Karl Malone would help develop and mentor the team's two young big men in a part-time role.

Sloan said he's happy to be back with the organization, and will do whatever he's asked. He talked first with Corbin before making his decision.

``Being in basketball has kind of saved my life,'' Sloan said on 1280 The Zone radio network. ``You feel like you want to jump off a tall building after being away from it for a couple of years.''

Jazz President Randy Rigby said Sloan will become a key player in the organization's efforts to build a championship team. He's already been helping them evaluate players ahead of next week's NBA draft, Rigby said.

Sloan said he benefited early in his coaching career by having Frank Layden as a sounding board, and hopes to fill that same role for Corbin.
http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/963243-jazz-bring-back-former-coach-sloan-as-consultant

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have no idea why I thought this, but it read "Jay-Z hire Jerry Sloan" to me at first.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
solid hire. im sure most thought they were on bad terms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%