The NFL Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Reportedly, Dan Quinn will leave Seattle after this year to be named the Jets HC, with Kyle Shanahan as the OC.

Between Shane Ray, Dante Fowler, Vic Beasley, and Randy Gregory, they'll get that LEO edge rusher most likely, unless they trade back to like, #13, to get a corner.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also, looking at the 2011 Draft, aside for the QBs taken, all of the players players in the first half of the first round have been REALLY good

Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
Tyron Smith
JJ Watt
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn
Mike Pouncey
Ryan Kerrigan

Aside for Pouncey and Fairley, these dudes are all studs

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I posted something about the top half of the '11 draft a while back.  Ridiculous amount of talent.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
2011 in general is just stacked

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton
RB: Demarco Murray, Mark Ingram, Shane Vereen, Stevan Ridley
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith
TE: Julius Thomas, Kyle Rudolph, Charles Clay, Jordan Cameron
OT: Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Anthony Castanzo, Orlando Franklin
G/C: Jason Kelce, Stefen Wisniewski, Mike Pouncey
Edge: Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan, Cam Jordan, Justin Houston, Akeem Ayers
D-Int: JJ Watt, Marcel Dareus, Muhammad Wilkerson, Cameron Heyward, Nick Fairley, Jurrell Casey, Corey Liuget, Phil Taylor
CB: Richard Sherman, Chris Harris, Patrick Peterson, Jimmy Smith, Buster Skrine, Prince Amukamara, Chris Culliver, Cortez Allen, Byron Maxwell

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And the Eagles drafted Danny fucking Watkins at 23 that year lmao

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure why you included Buster Skrine on that list, assuming you meant to focus on good players

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
No but it sounds like you and BWare did

Yeah, well I won't ever be picking them to win one again. Bware was right, they just waste a playoff spot, which I was then shocked to see him pick Cincinnati. I thought after four times in a row, they could win one but I was wrong. Lesson learned  

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis is the second longest tenured coach in the league.  12 years without a playoff win. 

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
Marvin Lewis is the second longest tenured coach in the league.  12 years without a playoff win. 

I was calling for him to be fired years ago and people were saying I was crazy. What I cannot stand is these people saying he's the right man for the job because he has taken Cincinnati from horrible to respectable. Basically saying if they made a change, they could go back to what they were before. I don't buy into that one bit. I gave up on him years ago. The last four years in the playoffs, the Bengals have looked identical in every game. In the 6 playoff games in the second half, the Bengals have scored a COMBINED 13 points...... 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:
Yeah, well I won't ever be picking them to win one again. Bware was right, they just waste a playoff spot, which I was then shocked to see him pick Cincinnati. I thought after four times in a row, they could win one but I was wrong. Lesson learned
I just thought it was crazy to see both you and BWare so confident in them. Which is why I was ribbing both of you haha. I'm no NFL insider but I watch every Sunday and to me I thought the Colts were a much better team than the Bengals, especially given that AJ Green was out. The Bengals are really just a middle of the pack team...

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I just thought it was crazy to see both you and BWare so confident in them. Which is why I was ribbing both of you haha. I'm no NFL insider but I watch every Sunday and to me I thought the Colts were a much better team than the Bengals, especially given that AJ Green was out. The Bengals are really just a middle of the pack team...

Bet they wouldn't be with real coaching and a good QB. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'm so goddamn sick of the Bengals wasting our time...

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
But....but.... aren't they better at 44 positions??

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Browns only hope at success is Jimmy Haslam getting indicted. 

elusive

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
2011 in general is just stacked

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton
RB: Demarco Murray, Mark Ingram, Shane Vereen, Stevan Ridley
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith
TE: Julius Thomas, Kyle Rudolph, Charles Clay, Jordan Cameron
OT: Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Anthony Castanzo, Orlando Franklin
G/C: Jason Kelce, Stefen Wisniewski, Mike Pouncey
Edge: Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan, Cam Jordan, Justin Houston, Akeem Ayers
D-Int: JJ Watt, Marcel Dareus, Muhammad Wilkerson, Cameron Heyward, Nick Fairley, Jurrell Casey, Corey Liuget, Phil Taylor
CB: Richard Sherman, Chris Harris, Patrick Peterson, Jimmy Smith, Buster Skrine, Prince Amukamara, Chris Culliver, Cortez Allen, Byron Maxwell
Holy shit, what a draft class. Sherman, Harris, Peterson, and Smith are all top 10 corners, plus the three best pass rushers in the game are in that draft class (Watt, Houston, Miller).

I'd say Denver had the best draft class of any team that year with Miller, Harris, Thomas, and Franklin (other players include Rahim Moore, Nate Irving, and Virgil Green, all see significant playing time).

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
elusive said:
Holy shit, what a draft class. Sherman, Harris, Peterson, and Smith are all top 10 corners, plus the three best pass rushers in the game are in that draft class (Watt, Houston, Miller).

I'd say Denver had the best draft class of any team that year with Miller, Harris, Thomas, and Franklin (other players include Rahim Moore, Nate Irving, and Virgil Green, all see significant playing time).

Jimmy Smith is NOT a top 10 corner. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%