NASCAR Discussion Thread

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score

Trevor Bayne's childhood hero Jeff Gordon - Now, he broke one of Jeff Gordon's records, lol. I'm not sure this record will be broken for a long, long time now. That's unbelievable.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It makes for more strategy and better racing. As you saw if you have to get out of the gas then your going to have a car fly by you, and you had to find someone you could run with.
Yup, and Bayne looked to be a really good pusher. He definitely knows what he's doing. Plus, It helps in my book that Jeff is his childhood hero. I'm definitely going to be rooting for him, even though he's only part time.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Interesting article...

http://www.thatsraci...-the-dream.html

Some interesting parts....

Bayne had been going to high school in Knoxville, but he dropped out and started to take online courses toward his GED diploma. His dream always had been to race - he used to carry a Jeff Gordon lunchbox to school and began driving go-karts at age 5 - and he wanted to pursue it full-time.

Bayne idolized Gordon when he was young. Stephanie Bayne said the family has a picture of Gordon posing with Bayne on a pit road somewhere when Bayne was 6 or 7.

Her son is charming enough to be the next Gordon - assuming he wasn't a one-race wonder.

“When Jeff Gordon asked if I would work with him in the Duels, I thought, ’It’s just a matter before he dumps me.’ But he stuck with me and it was so cool to work with him and learn from him and be a student of the sport from one of the best.”

Rocky Bayne remembered taking Trevor to his first race at Bristol with his 5-year-old son wearing a Rainbow Warriors jacket and having his picture taken with Gordon

"I'm watching thinking I can't believe he's drafting with Jeff Gordon, at 200 mph, down the backstretch," his mother, Stephanie, said Monday.

Very cool!

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Bayne's a one race wonder. Now I don't think he'll win another race this season, but he'll have some good finishes (top 15). Then again, who said he'd win the 500? I guess you never really know. It's his rookie season so I think some may get a little over hyped.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
His first Sprint Cup race was at Texas, one of the hardest tracks on the circuit and he finished 17th I believe it was, he's going to be really good.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Roush Fenway Racing finished 1-2-3 at Daytona. Doesn't happen that often. Hendricks had a bad day, don't see that happening often either. Would be sweet if Hendricks went 1-2-3 at Phoenix, but that's just wishful thinking lol.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His first Sprint Cup race was at Texas, one of the hardest tracks on the circuit and he finished 17th I believe it was, he's going to be really good.
I used to do those racing games and I was great at every track but Texas. I'd always get into the wall coming out of turn 2... :lol:

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I used to do those racing games and I was great at every track but Texas. I'd always get into the wall coming out of turn 2... :lol:
Yeah, it's a really tough track... Jeff Gordon has always hated that track

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
all of nascar is on this dudes nuts.
Because he won the biggest race of the year... It was his second ever race in the Sprint Cup series, he did great all weekend. Whoever wins the 500 is always who you hear about all week. It was a big upset and it was good for NASCAR, he's a good kid.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
When I raced seriously, I did good at most of them, but if I had a bad race, I'd start to mess around and drive backwards. Those cars sure can fly lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
When I raced seriously, I did good at most of them, but if I had a bad race, I'd start to mess around and drive backwards. Those cars sure can fly lol
You can't do that online.... Bad, bad idea... You'll get a bit of hate mail.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
You can't do that online.... Bad, bad idea... You'll get a bit of hate mail.
Didn't plan on it online. Mainly because I can't, but I would try it at least once just to see the hate mail. Get a few laughs.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see Kyle Busch winning even though I hate the mutha fucka.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
JEFF GORDON WITH THE WIN!! Finally. 66 winless streak over. Been too long! Congrats Jeff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%