2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I was more talking about his JBJ post. Im no fan of JBJ at the plate, but I just thought him trashing him after 1 game was funny. The Yankees are really good, but a lot can happen in a season.
You're not a fan of the 2nd best CF in baseball??!

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hes not even the second best CF on the Red Sox haha

(Unless were only talking about fielding)

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I was more talking about his JBJ post. Im no fan of JBJ at the plate, but I just thought him trashing him after 1 game was funny. The Yankees are really good, but a lot can happen in a season.
Way to jump on my post just to try and start an "overreaction."  Maybe actually listening to what I say and using logic to understand my point of view would go a lot farther than just accusing me of making pointless posts.

I've supported JBJ all through last year and this winter.  He's been like my favorite player.

But ask any Red Sox fan about him at the plate.  I was telling them last year he would get better as a hitter this year and they didn't believe me.  They don't hold out highly on him offensively.  Ask the others here, they have no problem trading him if need be for more offense.

I just think it's time to realize the player is never going to be the hitter I thought he was.  He really isn't that great at the plate at all.  He hit bad down the stretch last year, I thought he'd get better, but he hit under .200 in Spring training and he just looks lost at the plate.  I get he's one of the best center fielders, but we need offense to keep up with the Yankees.  I'm still hoping he's the answer, but more and more I see that I was wrong and he's not.

That post was not an overreaction, but a mere comment on how I feel Bradley is not who he should be and a shame at how undependable he is at the plate with two outs and the ninth inning.  He's completely undependable and has never had a key clutch hit to save his life.  We will be okay this year (for a wild card), but my post was in reference to Bradley Jr. and why we still hold some pride in him when he's completely useless at the plate (at the moment).

I know our pitching screwed up badly, but I still see more holes in our offense than anywhere else.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
Idk they have a pretty likeable team imo.
Sadly, this is the truth. 

But it won't be when they flat out beat everyone in the postseason and win 100 games.  

They basically got Stanton for free.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Hes not even the second best CF on the Red Sox haha

(Unless were only talking about fielding)
we're talking about the great 2016 Sports Forum baseball rankings, where JBJ is the #2 CF in the league, and Bogaerts is the #1 SS

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
we're talking about the great 2016 Sports Forum baseball rankings, where JBJ is the #2 CF in the league, and Bogaerts is the #1 SS
The gospel of baseball position rankings

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
So am I the only one who finds the Dodgers highly overrated?  I think they downgraded big time from last year, especially since Justin Turner isn't going to hit .330 again.

I still have them winning the division, but I'm even second guessing that... I'm not sold on them going deep.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Sadly, this is the truth. 

But it won't be when they flat out beat everyone in the postseason and win 100 games.  

They basically got Stanton for free.
Its not their fault that the Marlins are a terribly ran team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Coach said:
Giancarlo = good for a few DL stints this year
Id love to hear your opinion on him if he were on the Astros

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Itd be the same. Hes pretty freakin good when hes on the field. But he has to have a couple healthy years before the injury concerns can be put behind him.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
That's exactly what I was thinking.

As a DH, he's not as likely to hit the DL like he did as an outfielder in Miami.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Coach said:
Itd be the same. Hes pretty freakin good when hes on the field. But he has to have a couple healthy years before the injury concerns can be put behind him.
But he's basically a DH now, which means his chances for injury are less

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Gonzalez 2 for 3 for Mets. I really think LA will regret trading Gonzalez. They can easily replace him, I bet, but I see him helping the Mets a lot.
I don't. It's 1 game and we know he's going to have issues staying on the field.

This just buys them time for Dom Smith to get his shit together.

CoachAF

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
But he's basically a DH now, which means his chances for injury are less

Fair enough but two of his biggest injuries occured in the batter's box (face and wrist)...he has averaged 117 games the last 3 years and played in more than 150 only twice. He needs another year like last year and maybe even another to ditch the injury-prone label. He has been the Tulo of this newest generation

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hes injury prone for getting hit by a pitch in the face?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Right? If he was like Cespedes and had quad or hamstring injuries I could see the argument. But these are freak accidents. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Hes injury prone for getting hit by a pitch in the face?
This. Trust me, as a DH he's in better hands of not getting hurt. Is he the only reason you hold back on the Yanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%