2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I don't care what his upside is, we should have more than one hit through 5. 

Same shit happened Sunday.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
I don't care what his upside is, we should have more than one hit through 5. 

Same shit happened Sunday.
His "upside" is an ERA over 4.00.  Jalen Beeks had an upside of an ERA close to 6.00.  We haven't been hitting against the guys we need to.

But that doesn't compensate for our pitching.  If we pitched last night we would have won.  Eovaldi wasn't great and it's time to step up without Sale.  Offense isn't going to win games for us.  Pitching will.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
His "upside" is an ERA over 4.00.  Jalen Beeks had an upside of an ERA close to 6.00.  We haven't been hitting against the guys we need to.

But that doesn't compensate for our pitching.  If we pitched last night we would have won.  Eovaldi wasn't great and it's time to step up without Sale.  Offense isn't going to win games for us.  Pitching will.
To be fair Bieber has a FIP of 3.16 and strikes out a batter an inning

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
To be fair Bieber has a FIP of 3.16 and strikes out a batter an inning
Okay, I get it.

But no reason we why we let Melky Cabrera get 5 hits in a series when he has -.2 WAR for the Indians.  Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that. Same goes for Allen. He hit his second bomb of the year last night and that proved to be the difference.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I only want runs if we don't come up short like last night.  Hate losing one run games.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
I'm not arguing that. Same goes for Allen. He hit his second bomb of the year last night and that proved to be the difference.
Allen is on the upside the last few games though.  He might be at a turning point in his career.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Allen is on the upside the last few games though.  He might be at a turning point in his career.
Meh, everyone has bright spots. Fuck, there was times in my hockey career where I looked like I was gonna be a draft pick. Just having a really good series:

https://twitter.com/redsoxstats/status/1032075957803331584

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Meh, everyone has bright spots. Fuck, there was times in my hockey career where I looked like I was gonna be a draft pick. Just having a really good series:

https://twitter.com/redsoxstats/status/1032075957803331584
True, you might be right.  But he looks like he'd be good defensively.  Offense, who knows.  Either way, we shouldn't have let him get to us.  if we did, we should have been better.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
So we lose 3 games in a row for the first time in 4 months.

We are the only team that hasn't lost 4 in a row.

Tomorrow we play against another great pitcher in Carrasco.  He has a history of beating us.  I don't even know who's next in the rotation but I guarantee it's not someone better than Carrasco.

If we lose tomorrow, Cleveland goes for the sweep.  And Clevinger isn't a bad pitcher either.

They've been under the radar all year and underperforming the whole first half, but Cleveland is legit.  They have a solid team. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Its BJ

Yeah not ideal. Only chance is if the bats swing. At least Thursday is favourable.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Its BJ

Yeah not ideal. Only chance is if the bats swing. At least Thursday is favourable.
BJ?

Thursday might not even be favorable if it's Clevinger.  He's a beast.  Very underrated but very good pitcher.

I would hate to play this team in the postseason.  I might even consider playing the Yankees before the Indians because the Indians are just plain nasty. 

You match up Sale to Kluber and it's heads or tails.  Whoever wins that gets an edge.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Brian Johnson

And Im not seeing Clevinger Thursday
I'd take Porcello over Brian Johnson any day.  Can't stand that guy.  He hasn't been too bad his last few starts, but he's ready to blow up any day.

Yankees only 8 games back.  I'm serious.  They still have time to catch us if we don't get our game together.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Khris Davis is the real mvp

Obviously wont win

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Khris Davis is the real mvp

Obviously wont win
Oakland is MVP. Not a single player on that team is MVP or Cy Young worthy, yet they win with every pitcher under an ERA of 4.00 and every batter ranging from .240 or .270.

That's teamwork and timely productive hitting and pitching.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Here's one for Mexi.

The Red Sox's success is as much an anomaly as the Dodger's success last year. Although we are capable of winning 100+ games, we are still playing way over our heads, as the Dodgers did last year.

I see us as a 90-some odd win team who has gotten a lot of luck and isn't any better than Houston, Cleveland, Oakland, or even the Yankees.

The playoffs will expose us for who we really are.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The dodgers were one win away from winning the whole fucking thing.....

Leave Mexi alone

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually agree with his post lol

The Sox have gotten lucky. Maybe not lucky, but they've been fortunate and aren't any better than Cleveland or Houston

(Yankees are overrated)

And the dodgers got red hot last year and I've cold (lost 17/18 in Aug/sep remember)

And the dodgers still won 104 I think. They were stupid hot but also really good. Just stopped hitting in game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%