Jays need a starter. Can't believe they let the Sox get Pomeranz
thats beyond their control.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Called it 20 minutes before it happened.....

*Drops mic*

You really crave validation, don't you

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pomeranz isn't good

And id hate having dave trigger finger dombrowski as my gm

Senators26

Reaction score

Toronto Blue Jays have had internal discussions about possible interest in acquiring Carlos Beltran if the Yankees decided to move him at the trade deadline according to a club source. They have also been linked to Melvin Upton Jr. Not sure of the fit for either one unless plan would be to put Edwin Encarnacion at 1B.
Jim Bowden of ESPN

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lucroy and Will Harris seem destined for Texas. If Cashman convinces Hal & Hank to sell, we can count on Chapman going to Washington and I'll  Jay Bruce to Cleveland and believe it or not, I like Todd Frazier and Melky Cabrera to be dealt to Toronto. Eduardo Nunez, Ervin Santana, and Fernando Abad should be dealt. The Angels will look to sell too...but not Trout. 

I actually think the Cubs and Astros fail to make deals of any impact and it costs both when the postseason arrives. I don't care how good the Cubs offense can be, 2015 Toronto showed that you can't simply slug your way to a World Series. 

Get ready for an uneventful deadline. Just don't see Tehran or Gray moving. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Jay Bruce makes a lot of sense for the Indians. Brantley is coming back, and they aren't gonna just bench Chisenhall. If we go outfield it's gotta be a CF.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pillar for Klubot and Lindor.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I don't think Jay Bruce makes a lot of sense for the Indians. Brantley is coming back, and they aren't gonna just bench Chisenhall. If we go outfield it's gotta be a CF.

Valid but I do think Jay Bruce doesn't cost too much and does a lot to solidify the club come Fall. Brantley doesn't have to be rushed back for one and second, Bruce creates more lineup options and allows Napoli, Santana, and Uribe more rest time. Bruce does carry a 2017 team option. 

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
elcheato said:

I think Lucroy makes a lot of sense for you guys especially with Gomes being pretty terrible this year. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't think the Indians are willing to add a catcher that doesn't know the staff mid season. The more likely scenario is they just go with Roberto Perez, who is about to be activated from the DL. Was decent in a back up role last year with the team.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
You could always put Lucroy at DH or 1B until he learns the staff. You will also have him signed next year on a very cheap deal.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they did that they would have to bench Napoli, which they won't do. If I had to guess, they won't add anyone to the lineup, just a bullpen arm or two. They're going to depend on Brantley coming back, and either improvement from Gomes or Perez stepping in. Getting Brantley back basically is a deadline deal.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
You can rotate them in and out. It won't take long for Lucroy to learn the staff, and you'll have one of the best catchers in the game next year in your lineup as well. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Why do you want to trade away Johnathan "best catcher in the league by far" Lucroy so badly?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians apparently interested in Andrew Miller, which makes some sense, but at the same time he would cost a fortune, and we would have a reliever as our highest paid player. I don't see it happening, don't think a team that has to depend on it's farm system and development can afford to give away significant assets for a reliever.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Indians apparently interested in Andrew Miller, which makes some sense, but at the same time he would cost a fortune, and we would have a reliever as our highest paid player. I don't see it happening, don't think a team that has to depend on it's farm system and development can afford to give away significant assets for a reliever.

Sure send over Frazier or Zimmer lol.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teams that haven't won a WS in the modern era of baseball should cash in the Farm for a guy like Miller. You cannot expect to win the trophy without a lock down closer. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%