2017 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Lmao the Mets are the worst. If I were Harvey I would just refuse to play for them again. Make them decline arbitration and go to an organization that has a clue

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I were the mets, I would refuse to let Matt Harvey pitch

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
I assume the Tigers fan base is happy
I would have been if they did this years ago when the team was still trying to compete, but now it's just kinda meh to me. He was a terrible hire for a team that had championship aspirations, but if you're not trying to win he's fine. The past two years he hasn't been a negative, he's just been a net neutral.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol theres a real solid chance boston plays 9 straight games versus Houston

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Huge win for the Cubs. Magic Number down to 5

Heartbreaker there for the Brewers

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Francona is moving his third best start, Clevinger (3.13 ERA with 133 K's in 118 innings), to the bullpen so he can start Josh Tomlin in the playoffs. Franconca can be really stupid at times, I mean REALLY stupid

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Well it looks like we should win the division but I'm not satisfied until we do so.

Yankees have a better pythagorean win/loss record, so theoretically they should be winning this division.

Rick Porcello should be in the bullpen come playoffs, but I doubt that will happen.  

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

Well it looks like we should win the division but I'm not satisfied until we do so.

Yankees have a better pythagorean win/loss record, so theoretically they should be winning this division.

Rick Porcello should be in the bullpen come playoffs, but I doubt that will happen.  

He'll be the 4th starter I think

Sale, Pomer, Erod. Depending how big that game 4 (i.e. elimination), his start would be skipped you would have to assume.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I would personally start Porcello over Fister in Game 4, solely because I think Fister would be more effective as a long reliever than Porcello would, and its a maximum of three appearances in the postseason for him. 

Like yesterday could be a perfect example of what we'd do. Porcello goes 4 innings, Price or Fister goes 3 innings, and Reed and Kimbrel finish the game in the 8th and 9th. And at most its just for three appearances, where as Rodriguez might get five.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I don't think Fister will get the ball because of his first inning struggles too. Giving up a couple early runs can be detrimental in the playoffs.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whats this jose bautista stuff?

Snipe? Anyone?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
last home series with the jays, maybe? 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I would personally start Porcello over Fister in Game 4, solely because I think Fister would be more effective as a long reliever than Porcello would, and its a maximum of three appearances in the postseason for him. 

Like yesterday could be a perfect example of what we'd do. Porcello goes 4 innings, Price or Fister goes 3 innings, and Reed and Kimbrel finish the game in the 8th and 9th. And at most its just for three appearances, where as Rodriguez might get five.
I might actually agree with you on this one.

I personally would give the nod to Fister over Porcello, but as bad as Porcello actually is, he has far less experience in the bullpen.

Still, why couldn't we go with Sale / Pomeranz / Price / Erod?  Four lefties and I know Price hasn't exactly started for a long time, but I think I'd take him over either Porcello / Fister at this point.  I doubt we start Price but I'd love to see him start.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Y'all want no part of playoff Rick Porcello trust me.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:
last home series with the jays, maybe?
i saw he got an ovation

Is it an optout? A team option? Has it been said hes for sure gone? Is he retiring?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
mutual option. i don't know if he's retiring, but he looks done man. 

maybe he'll give it a go with another team next year to see if he's still got it, but i think he has too much pride to go through another season like this year. 

who knows though. despite how shitty the past two years has been for him as far as baseball, he's still for sure a legend in toronto.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he wants to play the Dodgers might call if AA suggests it
platoon bat maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%