Edwin Encarnacion Signs with Cleveland

brett05

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Mexi's post about the Cubs being more likely to not win their division.

The Indians are very good, but the Cubs have a tighter hold. The Tigers could always do something insane like trade half their farm system, and their team is good also.
Amazing how you got that.  Can you teach guys like GMF1991, CameronCrazy06, .pitt81 to do what you do too?  I'm paying.  :)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
He misread the post the one word was in response to

Gotcha

brett05 said:
Amazing how you got that.  Can you teach guys like GMF1991, CameronCrazy06, .pitt81 to do what you do too?  I'm paying.  :)

All because I asked a reasonable question? See here's the thing - when someone makes a post with two points and you make a one word response, other people have to make an assumption what your response is about. Maybe next time explain what "no" is in response to and you won't have a stupid discussion like this. 

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

Gotcha

All because I asked a reasonable question? See here's the thing - when someone makes a post with two points and you make a one word response, other people have to make an assumption what your response is about. Maybe next time explain what "no" is in response to and you won't have a stupid discussion like this. 
:smh:

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fangaphs projects Cleveland to win by 8 games and Chicago by 10

Both projected to run away with their divisions so meh, ill stand by what i said

brett05

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Fangaphs projects Cleveland to win by 8 games and Chicago by 10

Both projected to run away with their divisions so meh, ill stand by what i said
u find evidence that what you said is incorrect and yet you stand by it????? 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
The Cardinals aren't catching the Cubs unless a major injury happens on the North Side. The train is running at full speed into 2017, only the Indians had a chance to stop that and they blew it.

The Indians will run away with the Central though. I think the Tigers overachieved last season and haven't done anything to improve.

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
The Cardinals aren't catching the Cubs unless a major injury happens on the North Side. The train is running at full speed into 2017, only the Indians had a chance to stop that and they blew it.

The Indians will run away with the Central though. I think the Tigers overachieved last season and haven't done anything to improve.
I agree, if the NL teams stay as hurt as they were in 2016, including the Indians, I see no reason to pick against the Cubs who have avoided injury quite well.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Insinuating that the Indians have no chance to dethrone the Cubs is a tad absurd. When the Indians rotation is healthy, I'd say that is a big advantage for them over the Cubs. They took the Cubs to the limit without their #2 & #3 starters, as well their best hitter.

Now Brantley may never be the same, but still, Indians are returning everyone, which includes a dynamite rotation and bullpen. They may not win but they certainly have a good chance

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
The reason the Indians took the Cubs to the limit is because a 4 game span over the course of a baseball stadium is an incredibly small sample size. The Cubs had the advantage at nearly every position on the field.

Going into 2017, the Indians have a good roster and will likely be the AL favorites heading into the season but the Cubs are still superior on paper.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said the Cubs weren't favorites, you pretty much said there is no chance anyone can beat them next year or in the foreseeable future. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
who even is playing CF for the cubs now? they just lost their OBP leader and idk who is replacing him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%